- Qualification:Cambridge IGCSE
- Author(s):Roger Norris
- Available from: January 2016
The Cambridge IGCSE Chemistry Revision Guide supports students through their course, containing specifically designed features to help students apply their knowledge as they prepare for assessment.
Send a Query×
Cambridge IGCSE® Chemistry Revision Guide offers students support as they prepare for their Cambridge IGCSE Chemistry (0620) exams. Containing up-to-date material that matches the syllabus for examination from 2016 and packed full of guidance, such as Worked Examples, Tips and Progress Check Questions, throughout to help students to hone their revision and exam technique, as well as avoid common mistakes.Each feature of the book has been specifically designed to help students apply their knowledge in exams. Written in clear language and with a straightforward tone, the Cambridge IGCSE Chemistry Revision Guide is perfect for international learners.
Clear Learning Objectives at the start of each section to aid navigation and track progress.
Worked Examples guide learners through content in a step by step way, illustrating how to tackle complex problems.
Formative assessment in the form of Progress Check questions appear throughout, allowing learners to track their understanding.
Exam-style questions in each chapter provide opportunity for summative-style assessment.
Tips throughout to help and remind students about exam technique, common errors and misunderstandings.
- Sample Content
- How to use this book
- 1 Particles in motion
- 2 Experimental Chemistry 3 Methods of purification
- 4 Atomic structure
- 5 Elements, compounds and mixtures
- 6 Bonding and structure
- 7 Formulae and equations
- 8 Chemical calculations (1)
- 9 Chemical calculations (2)
- 10 Electrochemistry
- 11 Chemical energetics
- 12 Rate of reaction
- 13 Reversible reactions
- 14 Redox reactions
- 15 Acids, bases and oxides
- 16 Making salts
- 17 Identifying ions and gases
- 18 The Periodic Table
- 19 Metals
- 20 Halogens and noble gases
- 21 Metals and reactivity
- 22 Metals Extraction and uses
- 23 Water, air and Earth
- 24 Pollution
- 25 Nitrogen and sulfur
- 26 Introduction to organic chemistry
- 27 Petroleum fractionation and hydrocarbons
- 28 Alcohols and carboxylic acids
- 29 Polymers
- 30 Natural macromolecules
- Answers to Progress Check questions
- Answers to Exam-style questions
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×