- Qualification:Cambridge AS and A Level
- Author(s):David Sang, Graham Jones, Gurinder Chadha, Richard Woodside
- Available from: March 2020
For first examination from 2022, these resources meet the real needs of the physics classroom.
Send a Query×
Extensive research through lesson observations, teacher interviews and work with our research community (the Cambridge Panel) means that this digital coursebook meets the real teaching needs of the physics classroom. Exam-style questions ensure students feel confident approaching assessment. New features provide reflection opportunities and self-evaluation checklists develop responsible learners. The coursebook provides a range of enquiry questions, such as practical activities, group work and debate questions that develop 21st century skills. It supports English as a second language learners with key command terms, accessible language and glossary definitions.
Features (such as ‘Before You Start’), summaries and reflection boxes provide students with metacognitive and content-based reflection opportunities.
Science in Context features with open-ended discussion questions enable students to practise their English skills, interpret ideas in a real-world context, and debate concepts with other learners.
Multi-part exam-style questions at the end of each chapter help prepare students for examinations and cover the range of paper styles.
Provides a range of enquiry questions – such as practical activities, group work and debate questions, that help students develop 21st century skills.
Combined print and digital resource enables you to use the content in a format that suits you.
Includes answers to in-chapter and exam-style questions so students have everything they need to revise when they want
Practical activity features build student understanding so that they can put theory into a practical context.
- How to use this series
- How to use this book
- 1. Kinematics
- 2. Accelerated motion
- 3. Dynamics
- 4. Forces
- 5. Work, energy and power
- 6. Momentum
- 7. Matter and materials
- 8. Electric current
- 9. Kirchhoff's laws
- 10. Resistance and resistivity
- 11. Practical circuits
- 12. Waves
- 13. Superposition of waves
- 14. Stationary waves
- 15. Atomic structure
- P1. Practical skills for AS
- 16. Circular motion
- 17. Gravitational fields
- 18. Oscillations
- 19. Thermal physics
- 20. Ideal gases
- 21. Uniform electric fields
- 22. Coulomb's law
- 23. Capacitance
- 24. Magnetic fields and electromagnetism
- 25. Motion of charged particles
- 26. Electromagnetic induction
- 27. Alternating currents
- 28. Quantum physics
- 29. Nuclear physics
- 30. Medical imaging
- 31. Astronomy and cosmology
- P2. Planning, analysis and evaluation
- Appendix 1: Physical quantities and units
- Appendix 2: Data and formulae
- Appendix 3: Conversion factors and mathematical equations
- Appendix 4: The Periodic Table
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×