Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
This third edition capitalizes on the success of the previous editions and leverages the important advancements in visualization, data analysis, and sharing capabilities that have emerged in recent years. It serves as an accelerated guide to decision support designs for consultants, service professionals and students. This 'fast track' enables a ramping up of skills in Excel for those who may have never used it to reach a level of mastery that will allow them to integrate Excel with widely available associated applications, make use of intelligent data visualization and analysis techniques, automate activity through basic VBA designs, and develop easy-to-use interfaces for customizing use. The content of this edition has been completely restructured and revised, with updates that correspond with the latest versions of software and references to contemporary add-in development across platforms. It also features best practices in design and analytical consideration, including methodical discussions of problem structuring and evaluation, as well as numerous case examples from practice.Read more
- Updated reference to MS products, including new features embedded in Excel, but also references to Power BI resources such as Power BI Desktop, Power Query, Power Pivot and Power Map
- Complete discussions of the use of the updated Blackbelt Ribbon add-in, including a host of updated visual and analytical tools
- Formal discussion of systematic approaches to problem structuring, use of the OUtCoMES Cycle, new visualization tools and the associated A3 framework
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Edition: 3rd Edition
- Date Published: July 2020
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781108738361
- length: 450 pages
- dimensions: 252 x 177 x 20 mm
- weight: 0.94kg
- availability: In stock
Table of Contents
Section 1. Getting Oriented:
1. Necessary Foundations for Decision Support
2. The Common Development Environment
3. Acquisition, Cleaning and Consolidation
Section 2. Structuring Intelligence:
4. Estimating and Appreciating Uncertainty
5. Visualizing Estimates, System Dynamics and Risk
Section 3. Prescription Development:
6. The Analytics of Solution Search
7. Searches in Highly Complex and Uncertain Landscapes
Section 4. Advanced Automation and Interfacing:
8. VBA Editing and Code Development
9. Application and User Interfacing
Glossary of Key Terms
Appendix A: Workbook Shortcut (Hot Key) Reference
Appendix B: Blackbelt Ribbon Add-In Tools and Functions.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×