Cambridge Essential English Dictionary
A small, low-level monolingual English dictionary for beginners and pre-intermediate learners of English.
Using a learner's dictionary for the first time can be daunting, but the Cambridge Essential English Dictionary makes that first step easier for learners with short definitions that are easy to understand, and lots of example sentences to put the language into context. Mapped to a ground-breaking research programme, English Profile, this brand new edition of the Cambridge Essential English Dictionary now clearly marks essential vocabulary that students need to know at A1-B1 levels and helps students successfully prioritise learning.
Ideal for KET, PET and Starters, Movers and Flyers Tests preparation.
- Over 15,000 up-to-date words with clear and easy to understand definitions
- Hundreds of short, natural example sentences show exactly how the language is naturally used in spoken and written English
- ‘Common Error’ boxes, based on the Cambridge Learner Corpus, help avoid mistakes that learners of English typically make
- Hundreds of illustrations and sixteen pages of colour pictures aid vocabulary learning and make it ideal for self-study
- Workbook-style Guide to the dictionary helps develop dictionary skills
- Access code to a free online dictionary and extra help with vocabulary learning
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×