- Format:Cambridge Elevate
- Subject(s):English Language
- Author(s):Lindsay McNab, Imelda Pilgrim, Marian Slee, Imelda Pilgrim
- Available from: September 2015
- Notes: Not available for credit card purchase. Please contact Customer Services.
A new series of bespoke, full-coverage resources developed for the 2015 GCSE English Language qualifications.
Send a Query×
Written for the AQA GCSE English Language specification for first teaching from 2015, this enhanced digital resource is designed for students targeting higher grades. With progress at its heart, this differentiated resource covers a range of 19th-, 20th- and 21st-century texts and has spelling, punctuation and grammar support integrated throughout. These GCSE English Language Cambridge Elevate-enhanced Editions include bespoke video content, extensive annotation tools and ‘Assess to Progress’, which provides expert marking support, progress tracking and reporting. Available online and on tablet devices through the Cambridge Elevate app.
A single one-year site licence for an unlimited number of teachers and students.
Cambridge Elevate-enhanced Editions are fully customisable and interactive, with extensive annotation and bookmarking tools making texts more accessible for students.
‘Assess to Progress’ on Cambridge Elevate provides expert marking support, progress tracking and reporting to save teachers time.
Cambridge Elevate-enhanced Editions include rich digital content created by English teachers with students’ needs in mind.
Cambridge Elevate-enhanced Editions allow teacher–student messaging, helping you connect with your class in a timely and practical way.
Available online and on tablet devices through the Cambridge Elevate app.
Spelling, punctuation and grammar are fully integrated throughout the resource.
Features high-quality 19th-, 20th- and 21st-century texts across a range of genres, specifically selected to help students prepare for challenging unseen texts.
A spoken language section helps students develop their skills as speakers, presenters, listeners and responders.
Free Cambridge Elevate Teacher’s Resources with each Cambridge Elevate-enhanced Edition allow for easy linking and cross reference, and provide comprehensive planning support with additional opportunities for differentiation and extension.
- How to use this resource
- READING: Unit 1. Identify and explain information and ideas
- Unit 2. Examine how writers use language to affect readers
- Unit 3. Understand how writers structure texts to affect readers
- Unit 4. Consider writers' ideas and perspectives
- Unit 5. Test your progress 1
- Unit 6. Compare writers' ideas and perspectives
- Unit 7. Evaluate ideas and techniques
- Unit 8. Synthesise information and ideas
- Unit 9. Explore, infer and interpret meaning
- Unit 10. Develop responses to language and structure
- Unit 11. Analyse and evaluate critically
- Unit 12. Test your progress 2
- Unit 13. Wider reading 1: novel openings
- Unit 14. Wider reading 2: poverty across the centuries
- SPOKEN LANGUAGE: Unit 15. Prepare and give a presentation
- WRITING: Unit 16. Use sentence structures for effect
- Unit 17. Communicate clearly
- Unit 18. Organise information and ideas
- Unit 19. Create tone to influence your readers
- Unit 20. Extend your vocabulary
- Unit 21. Test your progress 3
- Unit 22. Develop effective description
- Unit 23. Structure narrative
- Unit 24. Present your views
- Unit 25. Craft your writing
- Unit 26. Spell with accuracy
- Unit 27. Test your progress 4
- PREPARING FOR YOUR EXAM: Set 1 practice Paper 1
- Practice Paper 1: assess and progress
- Set 1 practice Paper 2
- Practice Paper 2: assess and progress
- Set 2 practice Paper 1
- Set 2 practice Paper 2
Lindsay worked for almost 40 years as an English and Media Studies teacher in comprehensive schools in Coventry. He was a Head of Department for twenty of those years and was also an Assistant Head with responsibility for CPD/staff development. Lindsay has contributed to a number of KS3 and KS4 books designed for use in English (and Caribbean) centres.
Imelda taught English for many years before leaving to allow more time for examining, writing and providing workshops for teachers and students. She is a principal examiner and has written many best selling textbooks.
Marian is an experienced English teacher and senior examiner. She now works as a freelance English consultant and trainer
All our supporting resources, like audio files and answer sheets, have now moved to Cambridge GO – the new home for all your Cambridge digital content. Go to Cambridge GO to register and access files for any of your Cambridge titles. If you already have an account, just log in and go to ‘add new resources’.Access resources in Cambridge GO
Found 3 results
- File name
- File size
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×