- Subject(s):English Language
- Author(s):Lindsay McNab, Imelda Pilgrim, Marian Slee, Imelda Pilgrim
- Available from: No date available
A new series of bespoke, full-coverage resources developed for the 2015 GCSE English Language qualifications.
Send a Query×
Approved for the AQA GCSE English Language 2015 specification, this print Student Book is designed for students targeting higher grades. Featuring a wide range of 19th-, 20th- and 21st-century texts, this resource has spelling, punctuation and grammar support integrated throughout. It also contains assessment tests and in-depth exam preparation, including two full practice papers. See also our Progress Plus print and digital pack, which comprises a Progress Plus print Student Book, a Writing Workshop print Student book, enhanced digital editions of each and free Teacher’s Resources.
Spelling, punctuation and grammar are fully integrated throughout the resource.
Features high-quality 19th-, 20th- and 21st-century texts across a range of genres, specifically selected to help students prepare for challenging unseen texts.
Dedicated support to help students develop the skills necessary to write about an unseen text in timed conditions.
A spoken language section helps students develop their skills as speakers, presenters, listeners and responders.
Assess your progress features within each unit and dedicated reading and writing progress tests draw on learnt skills and introduce students to exam requirements.
Practice tasks, advice for marking linked with mark scheme descriptors, annotated responses and suggestions for revision prepare students for the AQA exams.
- How to use this book
- READING: Unit 1. Identify and explain information and ideas
- Unit 2. Examine how writers use language to affect readers
- Unit 3. Understand how writers structure texts to affect readers
- Unit 4. Consider writers' ideas and perspectives
- Unit 5. Test your progress 1
- Unit 6. Compare writers' ideas and perspectives
- Unit 7. Evaluate ideas and techniques
- Unit 8. Synthesise information and ideas
- Unit 9. Explore, infer and interpret meaning
- Unit 10. Develop responses to language and structure
- Unit 11. Analyse and evaluate critically
- Unit 12. Test your progress 2
- Unit 13. Wider reading 1: novel openings
- Unit 14. Wider reading 2: poverty across the centuries
- SPOKEN LANGUAGE: Unit 15. Prepare and give a presentation
- WRITING: Unit 16. Use sentence structures for effect
- Unit 17. Communicate clearly
- Unit 18. Organise information and ideas
- Unit 19. Create tone to influence your readers
- Unit 20. Extend your vocabulary
- Unit 21. Test your progress 3
- Unit 22. Develop effective description
- Unit 23. Structure narrative
- Unit 24. Present your views
- Unit 25. Craft your writing
- Unit 26. Spell with accuracy
- Unit 27. Test your progress 4
- PREPARING FOR YOUR EXAM: Set 1 practice Paper 1
- Practice Paper 1: assess and progress
- Set 1 practice Paper 2
- Practice Paper 2: assess and progress
- Set 2 practice Paper 1
- Set 2 practice Paper 2
Lindsay worked for almost 40 years as an English and Media Studies teacher in comprehensive schools in Coventry. He was a Head of Department for twenty of those years and was also an Assistant Head with responsibility for CPD/staff development. Lindsay has contributed to a number of KS3 and KS4 books designed for use in English (and Caribbean) centres.
Imelda taught English for many years before leaving to allow more time for examining, writing and providing workshops for teachers and students. She is a principal examiner and has written many best selling textbooks.
Marian is an experienced English teacher and senior examiner. She now works as a freelance English consultant and trainer
All our supporting resources, like audio files and answer sheets, have now moved to Cambridge GO – the new home for all your Cambridge digital content. Go to Cambridge GO to register and access files for any of your Cambridge titles. If you already have an account, just log in and go to ‘add new resources’.Access resources in Cambridge GO
Found 4 results
- File name
- File size
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×