The best American English learner's dictionary is better than ever, with new words and new features.
The Cambridge Dictionary of American English, Second Edition, makes the best American English learner's dictionary even better. With new words, new software, and new features, it gives learners even more useful information than the first edition. Based on the world's largest corpus of written and spoken American English, and written and edited in the U.S. by native speakers of American English, the new edition includes more than 60,000 meanings and example sentences.
- Up-to-date vocabulary ("DSL," "Jihad," "morph," "PDA," "retro," "Wiki") defines the language of today.
- Usage notes help learners to avoid common mistakes.
- Frequency information helps learners identify the words they need to know.
- Clear definitions make meanings easy-to-understand.
- Full-sentence examples show how English is really used.