- Author(s):Emma Diaz, Manuel Frutos-Pérez, Kathryn Aldridge-Morris
- Available from: July 2009
Suitable for use in the IB Diploma Spanish B programme, this series covers 15 units which train students in working with various Text Types
Send a Query×
Each of the 15 units in Lectura y escrita avanzadas provides students with a model text and gives them exercises that help them to analyse the structure and language of the text - and all in full colour! They then work up to writing a similar type of text in a similar register of language. The approach trains students to reflect on the communicative purpose of each text and to use the language appropriate to the type of text and its audience.Lectura y escrita avanzadas teaches and encourages students to structure arguments with an advanced vocabulary in a clear, coherent and convincing way. The approach is lively and collaborative, encouraging students to work in pairs and small groups.Lectura y escrita avanzadas - libro del profesor provides answers and teacher guidance to accompany each of the 15 units in the full-colour student's book.
Trains students to structure arguments in a clear, coherent and convincing way.
Provides lively classroom activities that encourage student-to-student communication.
Transforms writing into an interactive whole class/group activity.
- Unit 1. Instructional and informative: Recomendaciones de viaje
- Informe sobre el estilo de vida
- Itinerario turístico
- Instrucciones de uso
- Unit 2. Narrative and descriptive: Desastre ecológico
- Estilos periodisticos
- Critica cinematográfica
- Unit 3. Formal texts: Solicitud de puesto de trabajo
- Correspondencia commercial
- Carta de reclamación
- Unit 4. Persuasive texts: Tabaquismo y drogadicción
- Unit 5. Essays: Internet en nuestras vidas
- Los medios de comunicación
- Grammar Checklist.
Latest newsAll news
14 February 2020
Unlocking science for English language learners, part four
The fourth and final part of our ESL support in science series – free, downloadable...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×