Looking for an inspection copy?
This title is not currently available on inspection
Originally published in 1934, this book contains the text of the Le Bas prize Essay for the same year on the subject of realism in drama. Davies reviews dramas from the ancient Greeks to the nineteenth century and how they addressed realism in theory and in practice. This book will be of value to anyone with an interest in the history of the theatre and the overlap of truth and fiction.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: October 2014
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781107692381
- length: 128 pages
- dimensions: 198 x 129 x 7 mm
- weight: 0.13kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. Introduction. The general relationship between art and criticism: limitations of form: method of the essay
2. The Greek drama. Theory and practice
3. Rome: comedy. Theory and practice
4. The Elizabethan drama. Theory and practice
5. The neo-classic period. Theory and practice
6. The nineteenth century. Theory and practice
Sorry, this resource is locked
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×