The theme of this book is the investigation of globally asymptotic solutions of evolutionary equations. Locally asymptotic solutions of the Navier–Stokes equations and reaction-diffusion equations are the starting point, and by considering perturbed evolutionary equations, global approximations are constructed. The lectures upon which this book is based were warmly received at the universities of Rome and Pavia, and at the Scuola Normale Superiore in Pisa. Here Professor Vishik has collated his lecture notes, and has added an appendix describing his work on attractors deriving from dynamical systems. This is unquestionably a fine addition to the Lezioni Lincee, and will be a necessary addition to the library of all who seek an insight into the solution of evolutionary equations.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: January 1993
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521422376
- length: 166 pages
- dimensions: 216 x 138 x 10 mm
- weight: 0.22kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
2. Local spectral asymptotics
3. Global spectral asymptotics
4. Uniform approximation of trajectories of solutions of semigroups depending on a parameter
5. The asymptotics of solutions of reaction diffusion equations with small parameter
6. Asymptotics of elements lying on the attractor of solutions of the perturbed evolutionary equations
7. Asymptotics of solutions of singular perturbed evolutionary equations
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×