Professor Arnold is a prolific and versatile mathematician who has done striking work in differential equations and geometrical aspects of analysis. In this volume are collected seven of his survey articles from Russian Mathematical Surveys on singularity theory, the area to which he has made most contribution. These surveys contain Arnold's own analysis and synthesis of a decade's work. All those interested in singularity theory will find this an invaluable compilation. Professor C. T. C. Wall has written an introduction outlining the significance and content of the articles.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: September 1981
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521285117
- length: 276 pages
- dimensions: 228 x 152 x 15 mm
- weight: 0.43kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
Intoduction C. T. C. Wall
1. Singularities of smooth mappings (Volume 23, 1968)
2. On matrices depending on parameters (Volume 26, 1971)
3. Remarks on the stationary phase method and Coxeter numbers (Volume 28, 1973)
4. Normal forms of functions in neighbourhoods of degenerate critical points (Volume 29, 1974)
5. Critical points of smooth functions and their normal forms (Volume 30, 1975)
6. Critical points of functions on a manifold with boundary, the simple Lie groups Bk, Ck and F4 and singularities of evolutes (Volume 33, 1978)
7. Indices of singular points of 1-forms on a manifold with boundary, convolution of invariants of reflection groups and singular projections of smooth surfaces (Volume 34, 1979).
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×