- Subject(s):English as a Second Language
- Qualification:Cambridge Checkpoint
- Author(s):Chris Barker, Libby Mitchell
- Available from: No date available
Cambridge Global English Stages 7-9 follow the Cambridge Lower Secondary English as a Second Language (ESL) Curriculum Framework.
Send a Query×
Workbook 9 is organised into eighteen thematic units of study based on the Cambridge International Examinations English as a Second Language Scheme of Work for Stage 9. The units are carefully structured to reinforce the language learning of the Coursebook, at the same time as extending students’ knowledge via a range of exercise types. CEFR Level: B1+
Stages 7-9 help to prepare learners for the Cambridge International Examinations Secondary 1 Checkpoint test
18 thematic units mapped to the Coursebook units
Comprehensive grammar reference section included, which supplements both the Workbook and the Coursebook
Study skills features offer helpful guidance to students
Skills-based approach to language learning
Wide variety of exercise types
Tasks carefully selected to appeal to the age range
- UNIT 1. Family ties: 1. Family life
- 2. Twins reunited
- 3. Well done!
- UNIT 2. Personal appearance: 1. All dressed up
- 2. My style
- 3. A fashion classic
- UNIT 3. Moods and feelings: 1. Ups and downs
- 2. Problems and solutions
- 3. Beyond words
- UNIT 4. The world of music: 1. What does music mean to you?
- 2. West meets East through music
- 3. The sound of music
- UNIT 5. Health and diseases: 1. A game changer
- 2. What helps you to be healthy?
- 3. The story of vaccination
- UNIT 6. Leisure time: 1. Leisure for pleasure
- 2. Finding time
- 3. A good night's sleep
- UNIT 7. Energy resources: 1. A tropical paradise
- 2. What does it mean to be green?
- 3. The power of nature
- UNIT 8. Industrial revolution: 1. Water for food
- 2. Full steam ahead
- 3. Can it or cool it!
- UNIT 9. Handling data: 1. Facts and figures
- 2. What are the facts?
- 3. What can numbers tell you?
- UNIT 10. Giving presentations: 1. Picture it
- 2. Getting your message across
- 3. From ideas to words
- UNIT 11. Learning and training: 1. Good teachers, good learners
- 2. Team spirit
- 3. What have you been doing?
- UNIT 12. Making a living: 1. The ideal job
- 2. Part-time and summer jobs
- 3. Young entrepreneurs
- UNIT 13. Population and resources: 1. People and places
- 2. Japan: A case study
- 3. Water for the world
- UNIT 14. Cultures and customs: 1. What's in a name?
- 2. Ceremonies and formal occasions
- 3. Pearls of wisdom
- UNIT 15. The digital age: 1. Zoom in
- 2. A good idea
- 3. The future is digital
- UNIT 16. Light and sound: 1. A trick of the light
- 2. How we see the world
- 3. Sounds good to me
- UNIT 17. Right and wrong: 1. Crime and punishment
- 2. Doing the right thing
- 3. The scene of the crime
- UNIT 18. A performance in English: 1. All the world's a stage
- 2. On stage, off stage
- 3. From script to performance
- Grammar reference.
Latest newsAll news
21 August 2019
Identifying paragraph topics… in Tenerife
Take your students on a trip to Tenerife with our paragraph activity for Cambridge IGCSE...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×