You have 0 items in your cart.
- Subject(s):Literature for South African Schools
- Author(s):Chinua Achebe
- Available from: June 2009
Follow Chike's breathtaking adventure when he pays for a boat trip and crosses the River Niger.
Send a Query×
Chike grew up in Umuofi a with his mother and sisters. Before he left for Onitsha, his mother warned him never to go to the big River Niger. Chike was keen to visit the river. He requested money from his uncle, who refused. Whilst in Onitsha, he washed cars and got the money. He paid a boat fare to cross the big River Niger. Whilst on the other side, he lost track of time and missed the last boat back. Chike's breathtaking adventures began.
- National Curriculum Statement Compliant Notes
- 1. Chike leaves his village
- 2. Chike in Onitsha
- 3. Chike on the banks of the river
- 4. Ezekiel, the spoilt child
- 5. Those who answered to 'Abraham'
- 6. Brain pills
- 7. The fate of the coin
- 8. Chike falls out with S.M.O.G
- 9. The monkey-doubler
- 10. Chike returns to Chandus
- 11. Pride goeth before a fall
- 12. The miserly trader
- 13. Chike's dream comes true
- 14. Chike on the boat
- 15. Chike is in trouble
- 16. Chike's troubles grow
- 17. What the thieves did
- 18. How it all ended
Advice on useful tools, activities and timetabling from teachers experiencing school closures.Read more
All our supporting resources have now moved to Cambridge GO – the new home for your Cambridge digital content.Find out more
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×