- Author(s):Darren Macey, Will Hornby
- Available from: No date available
These titles focus on the approaches that can be taken in the classroom to develop skills and a conceptual understanding of specific mathematical concepts.
Send a Query×
Statistics has developed in parallel with the advances of technological and social change. Informed by the work of the Cambridge Mathematics team, this book outlines a new pedagogical approach to teaching statistics. It frames the interconnectedness of the subject around the experiences that students should have, rather than the specific techniques required. The book provides numerous examples and suggestions that teachers can incorporate in the classroom to help improve the way students understand statistics.
Identifies approaches, activities, assessment questions and extension projects as part of teaching statistics.
Provides an approach to teaching statistics that places student experience at its heart.
Includes lesson materials that can be used and adapted, according to the ability, age or needs of the students.
Clearly written throughout to help increase confidence in teaching this specific concept.
- Part 1 A vision for statistics in schools: 1. What should all students understand and why is it important?
- 2. The statistical cycle
- 3. Exploratory data analysis
- 4. Simulation
- 5. Sampling and variation
- 6. Signals and noise
- 7. Informal inference
- 8. Technology in the classroom
- Part 2 Activities
- 9. Activity for Chapter 2
- 10. Activity for Chapter 3
- 11. Activities for Chapter 4
- 12. Activities for Chapter 5
- 13. Activity for Chapter 6
- 14. Activity for Chapter 7
- Appendix 1
- Appendix 2
All our supporting resources, like audio files and answer sheets, have now moved to Cambridge GO – the new home for all your Cambridge digital content. Go to Cambridge GO to register and access files for any of your Cambridge titles. If you already have an account, just log in and go to ‘add new resources’.Access resources in Cambridge GO
Found 1 result
- File name
- File size
- Teaching Statistics Data sets
- Zip Archive
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×