- Subject(s):Social Sciences
- Qualification:South Africa CAPS
- Author(s):Lee Smith, Susan Heese
- Available from: September 2012
Study & Master Social Sciences has been specially developed for the Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS).
Send a Query×
Study & Master Social Sciences Grade 5 has been specially developed by an experienced author team to support the Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS). This new and easy-to-use course not only helps learners to master essential content and skills in the subject, but gives them the best possible foundation on which to build their geography and history knowledge and skills. The innovative Teacher's Guide includes guidance on the teaching of each lesson, remedial and extension activities for each module, ideas to extend the curriculum into the world outside the classroom, sample examinations and memoranda, as well as photocopiable resources.
- Geography: Term 1: Module 1. Map skills
- Term 2: Module 2. Physical features of South Africa
- Term 3: Module 3. Weather, climate and vegetation of South Africa
- Term 4: Module 4. Minerals and mining in South Africa
- History: Term 1: Module 5. Hunter-gatherers and herders in southern Africa
- Term 2: Module 6. The first farmers in southern Africa
- Term 3: Module 7. An ancient African society - Egypt
- Term 4: Module 8. A heritage trail through the provinces of South Africa
- Extra resources
- Sample examination papers
- Record sheet.
Latest newsAll news
14 February 2020
Unlocking science for English language learners, part four
The fourth and final part of our ESL support in science series – free, downloadable...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×