Cambridge University Press works closely with the global academic
community to publish the highest quality academic content, and deliver a portfolio
of innovative tools and
services to advance learning and research. Our mission is to unlock people's potential with the best learning and research solutions.
Our dynamic book publishing programme embraces digital, traditional and Open Access content, spanning subjects across science, technology, medicine, humanities and social sciences. In collaboration with authors, societies and publishing partners, we disseminate the very best academic content in the world today.
Publish your book with Cambridge and you will join a community of award-winning authors whose work has helped to shape and influence learning around the world.
- If you would like information on how to submit a book proposal, you can read our guide here.
- For information on writing for a Cambridge journal, please visit our journal author page here.
As a university press and not-for-profit publisher, we are committed to the advancement of open research, exploring and innovating new models that will ensure sustainability and quality, while maximising the benefits that openness can offer. Find out how we are helping to shape the future of open research, ranging from the launch of our very own open research platform, Cambridge Open Engage, to securing agreements at over 500 institutions to help authors cover the cost of publishing their research Open Access.
Cambridge Author Services
To continue to publish the best in global research, it is essential that we support researchers anywhere in the world prepare their research for submission to our journals. In order to help prospective authors to prepare for submission and to reach their publication goals, we offer a range of high-quality manuscript preparation services – including language editing and video abstract creation – delivered in partnership with American Journal Experts. Find out more here.
Discover the benefits of publishing with Cambridge
- We will find the best combination of digital, traditional and Open Access content for your work, including Cambridge Core, our industry-leading online platform, providing readers with fast, intuitive and easy access to your content.
- We are world-renowned for publishing the highest quality research with more than 400 awards and honourable mentions since 2017.
- With 50 offices world-wide operating in more than 190 countries we are a publishing house with global sales and marketing reach.
- With published works in over 20 languages, we look at your book individually to see if it has the potential to be translated in other languages.
- You will benefit from a dedicated and expert editorial team throughout the development of your work.
- We are committed to the advancement of open research and have agreements in place at over 500 institutions to help you cover the cost of publishing your journal article Open Access (OA).
- You will be given your own personal account on Author Hub where you will be able to access online guides and support, view detailed sales and royalty information, view and download marketing information and tools, and receive a 40% author discount on Cambridge books.
Cambridge Core was launched in 2016 and brings together our books and journals onto one platform. Robust, stable and adaptable for future needs, Cambridge Core provides fast and intuitive access to content meaning your work will be made more easily discoverable to researchers, librarians and readers worldwide.
The quality of our publishing is reflected by the number of awards that Cambridge titles are nominated for and receive, across multiple subject areas.
Become a Cambridge author and join a distinguished group of authors whose work has helped to shape and influence learning around the world.
As a university press and not-for-profit publisher we are committed to the advancement of open research, exploring and innovating models that will ensure sustainability and quality, while maximising the benefits that openness can offer.
Cambridge Open Engage
Cambridge Open Engage is the early research platform from Cambridge University Press, offering researchers a new space to rapidly disseminate early and open research, including preprints, posters, presentations and conference papers. It is free to read and upload research, and content is posted within days.