This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. DO Taylor , LB Edwards , MM Boucek , Registry of the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation: twenty-fourth official adult heart transplant report – 2007. J Heart Lung Transplant 2007; 26: 769–781.
2. M Velez , MR Johnson . Management of allosensitized cardiac transplant candidates. Transplant Rev (Orlando) 2009; 23: 235–247.
3. S Itescu , M Schuster , E Burke , Immunologic consequences of assist devices. Cardiol Clin 2003; 21: 119–133.
4. PM Eckman . Immunosuppression in the sentisized heart transplant recipient. Curr Opin Organ Transplant 2010; 15: 650–656.
5. JP Jacobs , JA Quintessenza , RJ Boucek , Pediatric cardiac transplantation in children with high panel reactive antibody. Ann Thorac Surg 2004; 78: 1703–1709.
7. LU Nwakanma , JA Williams , ES Weiss , SD Russell , WA Baumgarter , JV Conte . Influence of pre-transplant panel-reactive antibody on outcomes in 8,160 heart transplant recipients in recent era. Ann Thorac Surg 2007; 84: 1556–1562; discussion 62-63.
9. M Schuster , A Kocher , R John , B-cell activation and allosensitization after left ventricular assist device implantation is due to T-cell activation and CD40 ligand expression. Hum Immunol 2002; 63: 211–220.
10. SG Drakos , JC Stringham , JW Long , Prevalence and risks of allosensitization in HeartMate left ventricular assist device recipients: the impact of leukofiltered cellular blood product transfusions. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2007; 133: 1612–1619.
11. DL Joyce , RE Southard , G Torre-Amione , GP Noon , GA Land , M Loebe . Impact of left ventricular assist device-mediated humoral sensitization on post-transplant outcomes. J Heart Lung Transplant 2005; 24: 2054–2059.
12. DA Baran , AL Gass , ID Galin , Lack of sensitization and equivalent post-transplant outcomes with the Novacor left ventricular assist device. J Heart Lung Transplant 2005; 24: 1886–1890.
13. A Nikaein , W Cherikh , K Nelson , Organ procurement and transplantation network/united network of organ sharing histocompatibility committee collaborative study to evaluate prediction of crossmatch results in highly sensitized patients. Transplantation 2009; 87: 557–562.
14. JK Rhee , E McGee , H Subacius , The impact of virtual crossmatch on cardiac allograft vasculopathy in heart transplant recipients. J Heart Lung Transplant 2010; 29: S153.
15. BA Pisani , GM Mullen , K Malinowska , Plasmapheresis with intravenous immunoglobulin G is effective in patients with elevated panel reactive antibody prior to cardiac transplantation. J Heart Lung Transplant 1999; 18: 701–706.
16. SH Leech , M Lopez-Cepero , WM LeFor , Management of the sensitized cardiac recipient: the use of plasmapheresis and intravenous immunoglobulin. Clin Transplant 2006; 20: 476–484.
17. R John , K Lietz , E Burke , Intravenous immunoglobulin reduces anti-Human Leukocyte Antigen alloreactivity and shortens waiting time to cardiac transplantation in highly sensitized left ventricular assist device recipients. Circulation 1999; 100: II229–II235.
18. S Itescu , E Burke , K Lietz , Intravenous pulse administration of Cyclophosphamide is an effective and safe treatment for sensitized cardiac allograft recipients. Circulation 2002; 105: 1214–1219.
19. IC Balfour , A Fiore , RJ Graff , AP Knutsen . Use of Rituximab to decrease panel-reactive antibodies. J Heart Lung Transplant 2005; 24: 628–630.
20. YT Becker , M Samaniego-Picota , HW Sollinger . The emerging role of Rituximab in organ transplantation. Transpl Int 2006; 19: 621–628.
22. JJ Teuteberg , MA Shullo , R Zomak , Alemtuzumab induction prior to cardiac transplantation with lower intensity immunosuppression: one year outcomes. Am J Transplant 2010; 10: 382–388.
23. SD Lick , S Vaidya , AC Kollar , Peri-operative alemtuzumab (campath-1H) and plasmapheresis for high Panel Reactive Antibody positive lymphocyte crossmatch heart transplant: a strategy to shorten LVAD support. J Heart Lung Transplant 2008; 27: 1036–1039.
24. HL Trivedi , PI Terasaki , A Feroz , Abrogation of anti-HLA antibodies via proteasome inhibition. Transplantation 2009; 87: 1555–1561.
25. J Patel , M Kittelson , E Reed , The effectiveness of a standardized desensitization protocol in reducing calculated panel reactive antibodies in sensitized heart transplant candidates: does it make sense to desensitize? J Heart Lung Transplant 2010; 29: S103.
26. DB Holt , DM Lublin , DL Phelan , Mortality and morbidity in pre-sensitized pediatric heart transplant recipients with a positive donor crossmatch utilizing peri-operative plasmapheresis and cytolytic therapy. J Heart Lung Transplant 2007; 26: 876–882.
27. EJ Wright , WP Fiser , RE Edens , Cardiac transplant outcomes in pediatric patients with pre-formed anti-HLA antibodies and/or positive retrospective crossmatch. J Heart Lung Transplant 2007; 26: 1163–1169.
28. SM Pollock-BarZiv , N den Hollander , BY Ngan , Pediatric heart transplantation in HLA sensitized patients: evolving management and assessment of intermediate-term outcomes in a high-risk population. Circulation 2007; 116 (1 Suppl): I-172–I-178.
29. JW Rossano , DLS Morales , F Zafar , Impact of human leukocyte antigens on long-term outcome in pediatric heart transplant patients: an analysis of the United Network of Organ Sharing Database. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2010; 140: 694–699.
30. EF Reed , AJ Demetris , E Hammond , Acute antibody mediated rejection of cardiac transplants. J Heart Lung Transplant 2006; 25: 153–159.
31. PJ Michaels , ML Espejo , J Kobashigawa , Humoral rejection in cardiac transplantation: risk factors, hemodynamic consequences and relationship to transplant coronary artery disease. J Heart Lung Transplant 2003; 22: 58–69.
32. RN Smith , N Brousaides , L Grazette , C4d deposition in cardiac allografts correlates with alloantibody. J Heart Lung Transplant 2005; 24: 1202–1210.
33. ER Rodriguez , DV Skojec , CD Tan , Antibody-mediated rejection in human cardiac allografts: evaluation of immunoglobulins and complement activation products C4d and C3d as markers. Am J Transplant 2005; 5: 2778–2785.
34. S Di Filippo , A Gimita , SA Webber , Impact of ELISA-detected anti-HLA antibodies on pediatric cardiac allograft outcome. Hum Immunol 2005; 66: 513–518.
35. JP Jacobs , A Asante-Korang , SM O'Brien , Lessons learned from 119 consecutive cardiac transplants for pediatric and congenital heart disease. Ann Thorac Surg 2011; 91: 1248–1255; PMID:21440154, April, 2011.
36. HE Garrett Jr, D Duvall-Seaman , B Helsley , K Groshart . Treatment of vascular rejection with Rituximab in cardiac transplantation. J Heart Lung Transplant 2005; 24: 1337–1342.
37. AL Girnita , SA Webber , A Zeevi . Anti-HLA antibodies in pediatric solid organ transplantation. Pediatr Transplant 2006; 10: 146–153.
38. DO Taylor , RL Yowell , AG Kfoury , EH Hammond , DG Renlund . Allograft coronary artery disease: clinical correlations with circulating anti-HLA antibodies and the immunohistopathologic pattern of vascular rejection. J Heart Lung Transplant 2000; 19: 518–521.
39. B Soleimani , RI Lechler , PI Hornick , AJ George . Role of alloantibodies in the pathogenesis of graft arteriosclerosis in cardiac transplantation. Am J Transplant 2006; 6: 1781–1785.
40. D Mancini , S Pinney , D Burkhoff , Use of rapamycin slows progression of cardiac transplantation vasculopathy. Circulation 2003; 108: 48–53.
41. A Keogh , M Richardson , P Ruygrok , Sirolimus in de novo heart transplant recipients reduces acute rejection and prevents coronary artery disease at 2 years: a randomized clinical trial. Circulation 2004; 110: 2694–2700.
42. HJ Eisen , EM Tuzcu , R Dorent , Everolimus for the prevention of allograft rejection and vasculopathy in cardiac-transplant recipients. N Engl J Med 2003; 349: 847–858.
43. MR Costanzo , A Dipchand , R Starling , The ISHLT Guidelines for the care of heart transplant recipients. J Heart Lung Transplant 2010; 29: 914–956.
44. J Kobashigawa , M Mehra , L West , Report from a consensus conference on the sensitized patient awaiting heart transplantation. J Heart Lung Transplant 2009; 28: 213–225.
45. AR Tambur , SV Pamboukian , MR Costanzo , The presence of HLA-directed antibodies after heart transplantation is associated with poor allograft outcome. Transplantation 2005; 80: 1019–1025.
46. S Xydas , JK Yang , EM Burke , Utility of post-transplant anti-HLA antibody measurements in pediatric cardiac transplant recipients. J Heart Lung Transplant 2005; 24: 1289–1296.