This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. P Rusin , S Maxwell , C Gerba . Comparative surface-to-hand and fingertip-to-mouth transfer efficiency of gram-positive bacteria, gram-negative bacteria, and phage. Journal of Applied Microbiology 2002; 93: 585–592.
4. KA Reynolds , Occurrence of bacteria and biochemical markers on public surfaces. International Journal of Environmental Health Research 2005; 15: 225–234.
5. CM Cosby , Microbiological analysis of food contact surfaces in child care centers. Applied and Environmenal Microbiology 2008; 74: 6918–6922.
6. JA Otter , GL French . Bacterial contamination on touch surfaces in the public transport system and in public areas of a hospital in London. Letters in Applied Microbiology 2009; 49: 803–805.
7. E Mizumachi , Clonal distribution of enterotoxigenic Staphylococcus aureus on handles of handheld shopping baskets in supermarkets. Journal of Applied Microbiology 2011; 110: 562–567.
8. II Kassem , V Sigler , MA Esseili . Public computer surfaces are reservoirs for methicillin-resistant staphylococci. ISME Journal 2007; 1: 265–258.
9. GE Flores , Microbial biogeography of public restroom surfaces. PLoS One 2011; 6: e28132.
10. C Yeates , MR Gillings . Rapid purification of DNA from soil for molecular biodiversity analysis. Letters in Applied Microbiology 1998; 27: 49–53.
11. JR Cole , The ribosomal database project: improved alignments and new tools for rRNA analysis. Nucleic Acids Research 2009; 37: D141–D145.
12. SE Dowd , Evaluation of the bacterial diversity in the feces of cattle using 16S rDNA bacterial tag-encoded FLX amplicon pyrosequencing (bTEFAP). BMC Microbiology 2008; 8: 125–133.
13. MT Bailey , Stressor exposure disrupts commensal microbial populations in the intestines and leads to increased colonization by Citrobacter rodentium. Infection and Immunity 2010; 78: 1509–1519.
16. P Villari , A comparison of different culture media for the membrane filter quantification of Aeromonas in water. Letters in Applied Microbiology 1999; 29: 253–257.