This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. JG Bartlett . Historical perspectives on studies of Clostridium difficile and C. difficile infection. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2008; 46: S4–S11.
2. O Karlstrom , A prospective nationwide study of Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea in Sweden. The Swedish C. difficile Study Group. Clinical Infectious Diseases 1998; 26: 141–145.
3. T Noren , Molecular epidemiology of hospital-associated and community-acquired Clostridium difficile infection in a Swedish county. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2004; 42: 3635–3643.
LM Søes ,
Clinical features of Clostridium difficile infection and molecular characterization of the isolated strains in a cohort of Danish hospitalized patients. European Journal of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
2012; 31: 185–192.
MH Wilcox ,
A case-control study of community-associated Clostridium difficile infection. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy
2008; 62: 388–396.
8. A Rodriguez-Palacios , Clostridium difficile PCR ribotypes in calves, Canada. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2006; 12: 1730–1736.
KA Yearsley ,
Proton pump inhibitor therapy is a risk factor for Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhoea. Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics
2006; 24: 613–619.
J Kuntz ,
Incidence of and Risk Factors for Community-associated Clostridium difficile Infection: a nested case-control study. BMC Infectious Diseases
2011; 11: 194.
S Dial ,
Use of gastric acid-suppressive agents and the risk of community-acquired Clostridium difficile-associated disease. Journal of American Medical Association
2005; 294: 2989–2995.
MPM Hensgens ,
Clostridium difficile infection in an endemic setting in the Netherlands. European Journal of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
2011; 30: 587–593.
17. S Naggie , A Case-control Study of Community-associated Clostridium difficile Infection: No Role for Proton Pump Inhibitors. American Journal of Medicine 2011; 124: 276.
J Pépin , M Gonzales , L Valiquette . Risk of secondary cases of Clostridium difficile infection among household contacts of index cases. Journal of Infection
2012; 64: 387–390.
21. DN Hutchinson , FJ Bolton . Improved blood free selective medium for the isolation of Campylobacter jejuni from faecal specimens. Journal of Clinical Pathology 1984; 37: 956–957.
S Persson ,
A method for fast and simple detection of major diarrhoeagenic Escherichia coli in the routine diagnostic laboratory. Clinical Microbiology and Infection
2007; 13: 516–524.
23. T Kageyama , Broadly reactive and highly sensitive assay for Norwalk-like viruses based on real-time quantitative reverse transcription-PCR. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2003; 41: 1548–1557.
24. CK Johnsen , S Midgley , B Böttiger . Genetic diversity of sapovirus infections in Danish children 2005–2007. Journal of Clinical Virology 2009; 46: 265–269.
25. XL Pang , Increased detection of rotavirus using a real time reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) assay in stool specimens from children with diarrhea. Journal of Medical Virology 2004; 72: 496–501.
26. C Logan , JJ O'Leary , N O'Sullivan . Real-time reverse transcription-PCR for detection of rotavirus and adenovirus as causative agents of acute viral gastroenteritis in children. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2006; 44: 3189–3195.
27. C Logan , JJ O'Leary , N O'Sullivan . Real-time reverse transcription PCR detection of norovirus, sapovirus and astrovirus as causative agents of acute viral gastroenteritis. Journal of Virological Methods 2007; 146: 36–44.
28. CR Stensvold , HV Nielsen . Comparison of microscopy and PCR for detection of intestinal parasites in Danish patients supports an incentive for molecular screening platforms. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2012; 50: 540–541.
S Persson , M Torpdahl , KE Olsen . New multiplex PCR method for the detection of Clostridium difficile toxin A (tcdA) and toxin B (tcdB) and the binary toxin (cdtA/cdtB) genes applied to a Danish strain collection. Clinical Microbiology and Infection
2008; 14: 1057–1064.
30. GL O'Neill , Modification of a PCR Ribotyping Method for Application as a Routine Typing Scheme for Clostridium difficile. Anaerobe 1996; 2: 205–209.
36. PK Kutty , Risk factors for and estimated incidence of community-associated Clostridium difficile infection, North Carolina, USA. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2010; 16: 197–204.
37. E Holst , I Helin , PA Mardh . Recovery of Clostridium difficile from children. Scandinavian Journal of Infectious Diseases 1981; 13: 41–45.
40. J Kim , Epidemiological features of Clostridium difficile-associated disease among inpatients at children's hospitals in the United States, 2001–2006. Pediatrics 2008; 122: 1266–1270.
42. R Turco , Proton pump inhibitors as a risk factor for paediatric Clostridium difficile infection. Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics 2010; 31: 754–759.
43. P Damborg , Occurrence of Campylobacter jejuni in pets living with human patients infected with C. jejuni. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2004; 42: 1363–1364.
M Rupnik .
Clostridium difficile: (re)emergence of zoonotic potential. Clinical Infectious Diseases
2010; 51: 583–584.
45. K Keel , Prevalence of PCR ribotypes among Clostridium difficile isolates from pigs, calves, and other species. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2007; 45: 1963–1964.