This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. ME Evans , KL Hall , SE Berry . Influenza control in acute care hospitals. Am J Infect Control 1997;25:357–362.
3. J Potter , DJ Stott , MA Roberts , et al.Influenza vaccination of health care workers in long-term-care hospitals reduces the mortality of elderly patients. J Infect Dis 1997;175:1–6.
7. T Heimberger , HO Chang , M Shaikh , L Crotty , D Morse , G Birkhead . Knowledge and attitudes of healthcare workers about influenza: why are they not getting vaccinated? Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 1995;16:412–415.
8. KL Nichol , R Olson . Medical students' exposure and immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases. Arch Intern Med 1993;153:1913–1916.
9. CE Ammon . A survey of institutional influenza vaccination in Switzerland. Soz Praventivmed 2000;45:182–187.
10. L Eisenfeld , L Perl , G Burke , et al.Lack of compliance with influenza immunization for caretakers of neonatal intensive care unit patients. Am J Infect Control 1994;22:307–311.
11. S Weingarten , M Riedinger , LB Bolton , P Miles , M Ault . Barriers to influenza vaccine acceptance: a survey of physicians and nurses. Am J Infect Control 1989;17:202–207.
12. AS Monto , S Gravenstein , M Elliot , M Colopy , J Schweinle . Clinical signs and symptoms predicting influenza infection. Arch Intern Med 2000;160:3243–3247.
13. G Boivin , I Hardy , G Tellier , J Maziade . Predicting influenza infections during epidemics with use of a clinical case definition. Clin Infect Dis 2000;31:1166–1169.
16. S Weingarten , H Staniloff , M Ault , P Miles , M Bamberger , RD Meyer . Do hospital employees benefit from the influenza vaccine? A placebo-controlled clinical trial. J Gen Intern Med 1988;3:32–37.
17. KL Nichol , A Lind , KL Margolis , et al.The effectiveness of vaccination against influenza in healthy, working adults. N Engl J Med 1995;333:889–893.
18. CB Bridges , WW Thompson , MI Meltzer , et al.Effectiveness and cost-benefit of influenza vaccination of healthy adults: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA 2000;284:1655–1663.
19. JA Wilde , JA McMillan , J Serwint , J Butta , MA O'Riordan , MC Steinhoff . Effectiveness of influenza vaccine in health care professionals: a randomized trial. JAMA 1999;281:908–913.
20. H Saxen , M Virtanen . Randomized, placebo-controlled double blind study on the efficacy of influenza immunization on absenteeism of health care workers. Pediatr Infect Dis J 1999;18:779–783.
21. CK Ohrt , WP McKinney . Achieving compliance with influenza immunization of medical housestaff and students: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA 1992;267:1377–1380.
24. JR Niffenegger Proper handwashing promotes wellness in child care. Journal of Pediatric Health Care 1997;11:26–31.
25. DC Salgado , BM Farr , KK Hall , FG Hayden . Influenza in the acute hospital setting. Lancet Infect Dis 2002;2:145–155.
26. I Raad , J Abbas , E Whimbey . Infection control of nosocomial respiratory viral disease in the immunocompromised host. Am J Med 1997;102(3A):48–52.
27. KL Nichol , KL Margolis , A Lind , et al.Side effects associated with influenza vaccination in healthy working adults: a randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Arch Intern Med 1996;156:1546–1550.
28. DA Nafziger , LA Herwaldt . Attitudes of internal medicine residents regarding influenza vaccination. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 1994;15:32–35.
29. DS Fedson . Influenza vaccination of medical residents at the University of Virginia: 1986-1994. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 1996;17:431–433.
33. T Lasky , GJ Terracciano , L Magder , et al.The Guillain-Barre syndrome and the 1992-1993 and 1993-1994 influenza vaccines. N Engl J Med 1998;339:1797–1802.