1. Breslin, S, Greskovich, W, Turisco, F. Wireless technology improves nursing workflow and communications. Comput Inform Nurs. 2004;22:275–281.
2. Cho, JH, Lee, HC, Lim, DJ, Kwon, HS, Yoon, KH. Mobile communication using a mobile phone with a glucometer for glucose control in Type 2 patients with diabetes: As effective as an Internet-based glucose monitoring system. J Telemed Telecare. 2009;15:77–82.
3. Ettelt, S, Nolte, E, McKee, M, et al. Evidence-based policy? The use of mobile phones in hospital. J Public Health Med. 2006;28:299–303.
4. Haller, DM, Sanci, LA, Patton, GC, Sawyer, SM. Text message communication in primary care research: A randomized controlled trial. Fam Pract. 2009;26:325–330.
5. Klein, AA, Djaiani, GN. Mobile phones in the hospital - Past, present and future. Anaesthesia. 2004;58:353–357.
6. Kogure, Y, Matsuoka, H, Kinouchi, Y, Akutagawa, M. The development of a remote patient monitoring system using Java-enabled mobile phones. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2005;2:2157–2160.
7. Kruse, LV, Hansen, LG, Olesen, C. [Non-attendance at a pediatric outpatient clinic. SMS text messaging improves attendance]. Ugeskr Laeger. 2009;171:1372–1375.
8. Lawrentschuk, N, Bolton, DM. Mobile phone interference with medical equipment and its clinical relevance: A systematic review. Med J Aust. 2004;181:145–149.
9. Lee, S, Lee, T, Jin, G, Hong, J. An implementation of wireless medical image transmission system on mobile devices. J Med Syst. 2008;32:471–480.
10. MDA Device Bulletin DB9702. London: Department of Health; 1997.
11. Morrissey, JJ. Mobile phones in the hospital: Improved mobile communication and mitigation of EMI concerns can lead to an overall benefit to healthcare. Health Phys. 2004;87:82–88.
12. Myerson, SG, Mitchell, AR. Mobile phones in hospitals. BMJ. 2003;326:460–461.
13. Ortega, GR, Taksali, S, Smart, R, Baumgaertner, MR. Direct cellular vs. indirect pager communication during orthopaedic surgical procedures: A prospective study. Technol Health Care. 2009;17:149–157.
14. Orthner, H, Mazza, G, Shenvi, R, Battles, M. Advanced communication infrastructure for pre-hospital EMS care. AMIA Annu Symp Proc. 2008;6:1074.
15. Schacht Hansen, M, Dørup, J. Wireless access to a pharmaceutical database: A demonstrator for data driven Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) applications in medical information processing. J Med Internet Res. 2001;3:E4.
16. Shaw, CI, Kacmarek, RM, Hampton, RL, et al. Cellular phone interference with the operation of mechanical ventilators. Crit Care Med. 2004;32:928–931.
17. Ulger, F, Esen, S, Dilek, A, Yanik, K, Gunaydin, M, Leblebicioglu, H. Are we aware how contaminated our mobile phones with nosocomial pathogens? Ann Clin Microbiol Antimicrob. 2009;8:7.
18. Walters, DL, Sarela, A, Fairfull, A, et al. A mobile phone-based care model for outpatient cardiac rehabilitation: The care assessment platform (CAP). BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2010;10:5.
19. Zhang, P, Kogure, Y, Matsuoka, H, Akutagawa, M, Kinouchi, Y, Zhang, Q. A remote patient monitoring system using a Java-enabled 3G mobile phone. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2007:3713–3716.
20. Zhang, P, Kumabe, A, Kogure, Y, Akutagawa, M, Kinouchi, Y, Zhang, Q. New functions developed for ICU/CCU remote monitoring system using a 3G mobile phone and evaluations of the system. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2008:5342–5345.