Jordan is a Middle-Eastern country, located North West of Saudia Arabia. The total area is 93 300 sqkm. Jordan has borders with Iraq, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Syria and the West Bank. Regarding ethnic groups, about 98% of population are Arabs, 1% Circassian and 1% Armenian. Moslems make up around 94% of the population and the remaining 6% are Christians. Jordan is a constitutional Monarchy that became independent from British administration in 1946. The population of Jordan is 5 307 740 (July 2002 estimate), the capital is Amman and the language is Arabic.
Email your librarian or administrator to recommend adding this journal to your organisation's collection.