1. . Cancer Pain Relief. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1986.
2. . Cancer Pain Relief, 2nd ed. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1996.
. Appraising the WHO Analgesic Ladder on Its 20th Anniversary. www.whocancerpain
4. , , , , , . Opioids and the treatment of chronic pain in a primary care sample. J Pain Symptom Manage 2001;22:791–796.
5. . Opioid therapy for chronic nonmalignant pain: a review of the critical issues. J Pain Symptom Manage 1996;11:203–217.
6. . Responsible prescribing of opioids for the management of chronic pain. Drugs 2003;63:17–32.
7. . Approach to assessment and diagnosis of chronic pain. J Fam Pract 2004;53:S3–10.
8. , et al. J Clin Oncol 1994;12:2756–2765.
9. , . Rational use of neural blockade for the management of chronic pain. Pain 2002- An updated Review, Refresher Course Syllabus. Seattle: IASP Press, 2002.
10. , , . Spinal cord stimulation for chronic low back pain: a systematic literature synthesis. Neurosurgery 1995;37:1088–1095.
11. , , , et al. Effect of neurolytic celiac plexus block on pain relief, quality of life, and survival in pancreatic cancer. JAMA 2004;291:1092–1099.
12. , , , et al. Efficacy and tolerability of tapentadol immediate release and oxycodone immediate release in patients awaiting primary joint replacement. Clin Ther 2009;31:260–271.
13. . The use of anti-inflammatory drugs in cancer pain. Cancer Treat Rev 2001;27:51–61.
14. , , , , . Oral transmucosal fentanyl citrate: randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled trial for treatment of breakthrough pain in cancer patients. J Natl Cancer Inst 1998;90:611–616.
15. , . Ketamine in chronic pain management: an evidence-based review. Anesth Analg 2003;97:1730–1739.