- ISSN: 2040-4700 (Print), 2040-4719 (Online)
- Editor: Professor Cledwyn Thomas
- Editorial board
- A promising approach to optimize pig genomics
- 11 October 2018,
- The animal article of the month for November is ‘Genotype imputation from various low-density SNP panels and its impact on accuracy of genomic breeding values The rapid increase in the world population, which is expected to reach 9.8 billion in 2050, needs to be accompanied by a substantial increase in food production.…...
- Changes in livestock farming required
- 14 September 2018,
- The animal article of the month for October is ‘Opinion paper: What needs to be changed for successful future livestock farming in Europe?’ The authors of this opinion paper formulate that the future success of the European livestock farming sector is at a critical stage, at least if success includes besides positive economic output, non-market values such as public acceptance of practices and sustainability issues.…...
- Genomics in heavy pigs unravels a dry-cured ham tale of quality and tradition
- 15 August 2018,
- The animal article of the month for September is ‘Genome wide association studies for seven production traits highlight genomic regions useful to dissect dry-cured Heavy pig production chains are very important sources of niche pork products, particularly in several European countries with long traditions in processed products.…...
Single Issue Purchasing
Individual Issues of Advances in Animal Biosciences are available to purchase for £79/$105/€93. If you wish to buy one, please contact our Customer Services team at email@example.com