- ISSN: 2055-7973 (Print), 2055-7981 (Online)
- Editor: Dr Katy Gibbons University of Portsmouth, UK
- Editorial board
Latest research articles
- Discovering a ‘new’ Tudor ballad by John Heywood
- 24 May 2017,
- Read Jane Flynn’s full article published in the journal British Catholic History. A few years ago, I did an internet search involving the name ‘John Heywood’, the Tudor court entertainer, poet, and musician. One of the hits was from the catalogue of manuscripts of the Durham Cathedral Library, in a description of a book of accounts dating from 1561–75. It mentioned that the account book contains a 38-stanza poem that ‘begins “When all that is to was ys brought / As all that hath byn is” and ends “Maye rest in rest aye restyngly / Amen quoth John Heywood” [John Heywood ?1497-?1580]’, with the name ‘Thomas Good at the end’. I was intrigued: was the poem by Good or Heywood?…...
- Soviet famines roundtable published in Contemporary European History
- 10 October 2018,
- The editors of Contemporary European History are delighted to present this roundtable on the Soviet famines of the 1930s, which brings into conversation leading...
- Cambridge University Press to publish Renaissance Quarterly for the Renaissance Society of America
- 26 September 2018,
- Cambridge University Press is partnering with the Renaissance Society of America (RSA) to publish Renaissance Quarterly, the leading American journal of Renaissance...