- ISSN: 2055-7973 (Print), 2055-7981 (Online)
- Editor: Dr Katy Gibbons University of Portsmouth, UK
- Editorial board
- Discovering a ‘new’ Tudor ballad by John Heywood
- 24 May 2017,
- Read Jane Flynn’s full article published in the journal British Catholic History. A few years ago, I did an internet search involving the name ‘John Heywood’, the Tudor court entertainer, poet, and musician. One of the hits was from the catalogue of manuscripts of the Durham Cathedral Library, in a description of a book of accounts dating from 1561–75. It mentioned that the account book contains a 38-stanza poem that ‘begins “When all that is to was ys brought / As all that hath byn is” and ends “Maye rest in rest aye restyngly / Amen quoth John Heywood” [John Heywood ?1497-?1580]’, with the name ‘Thomas Good at the end’. I was intrigued: was the poem by Good or Heywood?…...
- Mutual Tolerance, Vivid Intellectual Intercourse, and Accountable Decision Making: The Mission of the Central European University
- 20 April 2018,
- Part 3 from the introduction to the virtual special issue from Contemporary European History. We are accustomed to viewing 1989 as the end of state socialism.…...