- ISSN: 2055-7973 (Print), 2055-7981 (Online)
- Editor: Dr Katy Gibbons University of Portsmouth, UK
- Editorial board
Latest research articles
- Discovering a ‘new’ Tudor ballad by John Heywood
- 24 May 2017,
- Read Jane Flynn’s full article published in the journal British Catholic History. A few years ago, I did an internet search involving the name ‘John Heywood’, the Tudor court entertainer, poet, and musician. One of the hits was from the catalogue of manuscripts of the Durham Cathedral Library, in a description of a book of accounts dating from 1561–75. It mentioned that the account book contains a 38-stanza poem that ‘begins “When all that is to was ys brought / As all that hath byn is” and ends “Maye rest in rest aye restyngly / Amen quoth John Heywood” [John Heywood ?1497-?1580]’, with the name ‘Thomas Good at the end’. I was intrigued: was the poem by Good or Heywood?…...
- Reassessing the First Red Scare of 1919-20 at its Centennial
- 05 February 2019,
- The time has come to take stock of both our historical understanding of the First Red Scare and what it means for us today. The January 2019 issue of The Journal...
- Central European History Discussion Forum: The Vanishing Nineteenth Century in European History?
- 22 January 2019,
- The nineteenth century just isn’t what it used to be. Any number of indicators – from academic job postings and doctoral dissertations to journal articles and...