This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
4. PM Fayers , D Machin . Quality of Life: The Assessment, Analysis and Interpretation of Patient-Reported Outcomes, 2nd ed. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons; 2007.
5. M Dey , MA Landolt , M Mohler-Kuo . Health-related quality of life among children with mental disorders: a systematic review. Qual Life Res. 2012; 21(10): 1797–1814.
6. MG Sawyer , L Whaites , JM Rey , etal. Health-related quality of life of children and adolescents with mental disorders. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2002; 41(5): 530–537.
7. D Bastiaansen , HM Koot , RF Ferdinand , FC Verhulst . Quality of life in children with psychiatric disorders: self-, parent, and clinician report. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2004; 43(2): 221–230.
8. S Karande , K Bhosrekar , M Kulkarni , A Thakker . Health-related quality of life of children with newly diagnosed specific learning disability. J Trop Pediatr. 2009; 55(3): 160–169.
9. K Kuhlthau , F Orlich , T Hall , etal. Health-related quality of life in children with autism spectrum disorders: results from the Autism Treatment Network. J Autism Dev Disord. 2010; 40(6): 721–729.
11. V Rotsika , M Coccossis , M Vlassopoulos , etal. Does the subjective quality of life of children with specific learning disabilities (SpLD) agree with their parents’ proxy reports? Qual Life Res. 2011; 20(8): 1271–1278.
12. R Escobar , CA Soutullo , A Hervas , etal. Worse quality of life for children with newly diagnosed attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, compared with asthmatic and healthy children. Pediatrics. 2005; 116(3): e364–e369.
18. M Brundage , B Bass , J Davidson , etal. Patterns of reporting health-related quality of life outcomes in randomized clinical trials: implications for clinicians and quality of life researchers. Qual Life Res. 2011; 20(5): 653–664.
19. WW IsHak , JM Greenberg , K Balayan , etal. Quality of life: the ultimate outcome measure of interventions in major depressive disorder. Harv Rev Psychiatry. 2011; 19(5): 229–239.
21. M Danckaerts , JS Sonuga-Barke , T Banaschewski , etal. The quality of life of children with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a systematic review. Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2010; 19(2): 83–105.
23. CL Donnelly , KD Wagner , M Rynn , etal. Sertraline in children and adolescents with major depressive disorder. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2006; 45(10): 1162–1170.
24. ML Murray , CS de Vries , IC Wong . A drug utilization study of antidepressants in children and adolescents using the General Practice Research Database. Arch Dis Child. 2004; 89(12): 1098–1102.
26. AJ Dean , A Hendy , T McGuire . Antidepressants in children and adolescents—changes in utilization after safety warnings. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2007; 16(9): 1048–1053.
28. SA Clarke , C Eiser . The measurement of health related quality of life (QOL) in pediatric clinical trials: a systematic review. Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2004; 2: 66.
29. M Solans , S Pane , MD Estrada , etal. Health-related quality of life measurement in children and adolescents: a systematic review of generic and disease-specific instruments. Value Health. 2008; 11(4): 742–764.
32. A Henry , MD Kisicki , C Varley . Efficacy and safety of antidepressant drug treatment in children and adolescents. Mol Psychiatry. 2012; 17(12): 1186–1193.
33. F Efficace , A Bottomley , D Osoba , etal. Beyond the development of health-related quality of life (HRQOL) measures: a checklist for evaluating HRQOL outcomes in cancer clinical trials—does HRQOL evaluation in prostate cancer research inform clinical decision-making? J Clin Oncol. 2003; 21(18): 3502–3511.
35. J Cohen . Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioral Sciences, 2nd ed. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 1988.
37. IM Goodyer , B Dubicka , P Wilkinson , etal. A randomised controlled trial of cognitive behaviour therapy in adolescents with major depression treated by selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors: the ADAPT trial. Health Technol Assess. 2008; 12(14): iii–iv;, ix–60.
39. KD Wagner , P Ambrosini , M Rynn , etal. Efficacy of sertraline in the treatment of children and adolescents with major depressive disorder: two randomized controlled trials. JAMA. 2003; 290(8): 1033–1041.
40. M Rynn , KD Wagner , C Donnelly , etal. Long-term sertraline treatment of children and adolescents with major depressive disorder. J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol. 2006; 16(1–2): 103–116.
41. ME Domino , EM Foster , B Vitiello , etal. Relative cost-effectiveness of treatments for adolescent depression: 36-week results from the TADS randomized trial. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2009; 48(7): 711–720.
42. L Isolan , G Pheula , GA Salum Jr, etal. An open-label trial of escitalopram in children and adolescents with social anxiety disorder. J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol. 2007; 17(6): 751–760.
45. DL Patrick , TC Edwars , TD Topolski . Adolescent quality of life, part II: initial validation of a new instrument. J Adolesc. 2002; 25(3): 287–300.
47. B Birmaher , DA Brent , L Chiappetta , etal. Psychometric properties of the Screen for Child and Anxiety Related Emotional Disorders (SCARED): a replication study. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1999; 38(10): 1230–1236.
49. D Stevanovic . Impact of emotional and behavioral symptoms on quality of life in children and adolescents. Qual Life Res. 2013; 22(2): 333–337.
50. C Reed , BU Monz , DG Perahia , etal. Quality of life outcomes among patients with depression after 6 months of starting treatment: results from FINDER. J Affect Disord. 2009; 113: 296–302.
51. MC Angermeyer , A Holzinger , H Matschinger , K Stenger-Wenzke . Depression and quality of life: results of a follow-up study. Int J Soc Psychiatry. 2002; 48(3): 189–199.
52. MH Rapaport , C Clary , R Fayyad , J Endicott . Quality-of-life impairment in depressive and anxiety disorders. Am J Psychiatry. 2005; 162(6): 1171–1178.
54. P Upton , J Lawford , C Eiser . Parent–child agreement across child health-related quality of life instruments: a review of the literature. Qual Life Res. 2008; 17(6): 895–913.
55. BC Johnston , K Thorlund , HJ Schünemann . Improving the interpretation of quality of life evidence in meta-analyses: the application of minimal important difference units. Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2010; 8: 116.
56. M Calvert , J Blazeby , DG Altman , etal. Reporting of patient-reported outcomes in randomized trials: the CONSORT PRO extension. JAMA. 2013; 309(8): 814–822.
57. D Coghill . Pragmatic measures in paediatric psychopharmacology—are we getting it right? Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2011; 21(8): 571–583.