This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. C Roure . Overview of epidemiology and disease burden of hepatitis B in the European region. Vaccine 1995; 13: S18–21.
4. P van Damme , A Vorsters . Hepatitis B control in Europe by universal vaccination programmes: the situation in 2001. Journal of Medical Virology 2002; 67: 433–439.
9. T O'Connell , Prevalence of hepatitis B anti-core antibody in the Republic of Ireland. Epidemiology and Infection 2000; 125: 701–704.
11. S Hahne , Incidence and routes of transmission of hepatitis B virus in England and Wales, 1995–2000: implications for immunisation policy. Journal of Clinical Virology 2004; 29: 211–220.
15. NJ Andrews , The European Sero-Epidemiology Network: standardizing the enzyme immunoassay results for measles, mumps and rubella. Epidemiology and Infection 2000; 125: 127–141.
16. G Kafatos , N Andrews , A Nardone . Model selection methodology for inter-laboratory standardisation of antibody titres. Vaccine 2005; 23: 5022–5027.
17. A Dominguez , Changes in the sero-epidemiology of hepatitis B infection in Catalonia, 1989–1996. Vaccine 2000; 18: 2345–2350.
18. G Da Villa , Impact of hepatitis B vaccination in a highly endemic area of south Italy and long-term duration of anti-HBs antibody in two cohorts of vaccinated individuals. Vaccine 2007; 25: 3133–3136.
19. W Jilg , M Schmidt , F Deinhardt . Vaccination against hepatitis B: comparison of three different vaccination schedules. Journal of Infectious Diseases 1989; 160: 766–769.
20. M Gesemann , N Scheiermann . Hepatitis B vaccine boosting among young healthy adults. Lancet 1995; 345: 395–396.
21. DJ West , GB Calandra . Vaccine induced immunologic memory for hepatitis B surface antigen: implications for policy on booster vaccination. Vaccine 1996; 14: 1019–1027.
23.European Consensus Group on Hepatitis B Immunity. Are booster immunisations needed for lifelong hepatitis B immunity? Lancet 2000; 355: 561–565.
25. D FitzSimons , Prevention and control of viral hepatitis through adolescent health programmes in Europe. Vaccine 2007; 25: 8651–8659.
26. A Mele , T Stroffolini , AR Zanetti . Hepatitis B in Italy: where we are ten years after the introduction of mass vaccination. Journal of Medical Virology 2002; 67: 440–443.
28. J Zuckerman , Should hepatitis B vaccination be introduced into childhood immunisation programmes in northern Europe? Lancet Infectious Diseases 2007; 7: 410–419.
30. J Banatvala , P Van Damme , N Emiroglu . Hepatitis B immunisation in Britain: time to change? British Medical Journal 2006; 332: 804–805.
31. W Thierfelder , Prevalence of markers for hepatitis A, B and C in the German population. Results of the German National Health Interview and Examination Survey 1998. European Journal of Epidemiology 2001; 17: 429–435.
32. RT Gandhi , Response to hepatitis B vaccine in HIV-1-positive subjects who test positive for isolated antibody to hepatitis B core antigen: implications for hepatitis B vaccine strategies. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2005; 191: 1435–1441.
35. A Nardone , The comparative sero-epidemiology of varicella zoster virus in 11 countries in the European region. Vaccine 2007; 25: 7866–7872.