This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
BA Lindstedt ,
DNA fingerprinting of Shiga-toxin producing Escherichia coli O157 based on multiple-locus variable-number tandem-repeats analysis (MLVA). Annals of Clinical Microbiology and Antimicrobials
2003; 2: 12.
M Gourmelon ,
First isolation of Shiga toxin 1d producing Escherichia coli variant strains in shellfish from coastal areas in France. Journal of Applied Microbiology
2006; 100: 85–97.
M Bennani ,
First detection of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli in shellfish and coastal environments of Morocco. Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology
2011; 165: 290–299.
10. LL Fu , Temporal genetic variability and host sources of Escherichia coli associated with fecal pollution from domesticated animals in the shellfish culture environment of Xiangshan Bay, East China Sea. Environmental Pollution 2011; 159: 2808–2814.
SK Manna , R Das , C Manna . Microbiological quality of finfish and shellfish with special reference to shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157. Journal of Food Science
2008; 73: M283–286.
LA Jackson ,
Where's the beef? The role of cross-contamination in 4 chain restaurant–associated outbreaks of Escherichia coli O157:H7 in the Pacific Northwest. Archives of Internal Medicine
2000; 160: 2380–2385.
U Buchholz ,
German outbreak of Escherichia coli O104:H4 associated with sprouts. New England Journal of Medicine
2011; 365: 1763–1770.
16. MT Jay , A multistate outbreak of Escherichia coli O157:H7 infection linked to consumption of beef tacos at a fast-food restaurant chain. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2004; 39: 1–7.
L Sartz ,
An outbreak of Escherichia coli O157:H7 infection in southern Sweden associated with consumption of fermented sausage; aspects of sausage production that increase the risk of contamination. Epidemiology and Infection
2008; 136: 370–380.
PR Cieslak ,
Hamburger-associated Escherichia coli O157:H7 infection in Las Vegas: a hidden epidemic. American Journal of Public Health
1997; 87: 176–80.
19. E Espie , Escherichia coli O157 outbreak associated with fresh unpasteurized goats’ cheese. Epidemiology and Infection 2006; 134: 143–146.
21. ED Hilborn , An outbreak of Escherichia coli O157:H7 infections and haemolytic uraemic syndrome associated with consumption of unpasteurized apple cider. Epidemiology and Infection 2000; 124: 31–36.
22. ML Ackers , An outbreak of Escherichia coli O157:H7 infections associated with leaf lettuce consumption. Journal of Infectious Diseases 1998; 177: 1588–1593.
23. ED Hilborn , A multistate outbreak of Escherichia coli O157:H7 infections associated with consumption of mesclun lettuce. Archives of Internal Medicine 1999; 159: 1758–1764.
T Breuer ,
A multistate outbreak of Escherichia coli O157:H7 infections linked to alfalfa sprouts grown from contaminated seeds. Emerging Infectious Diseases
2001; 7: 977–982.
EL Sproston ,
Slugs: potential novel vectors of Escherichia coli O157. Applied and Environmental Microbiology
2006; 72: 144–149.