This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. H Peltola , Mumps and rubella eliminated from Finland. Journal of the American Medical Association 2000; 284: 2643–2647.
CD Johnson , EW Goodpasture . An investigation of the etiology of mumps. Journal of Experimental Medicine
1934; 59: 1–19.
7. H Peltola , Mumps outbreaks in Canada and the United States: time for new thinking on mumps vaccines. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2007; 45: 459–466.
8. C Vandermeulen , G Leroux-Roels , K Hoppenbrouwers . Mumps outbreaks in highly vaccinated populations: What makes good even better? Human Vaccines 2009; 5: 494–496.
9. J Castilla , Effectiveness of Jeryl Lynn-containing vaccine in Spanish children. Vaccine 2009; 27: 2089–2093.
10. C Cohen , Vaccine effectiveness estimates, 2004–2005 mumps outbreak, England. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2007; 13: 12–17.
11. GH Dayan , S Rubin . Mumps outbreaks in vaccinated populations: are available mumps vaccines effective enough to prevent outbreaks? Clinical Infectious Diseases 2008; 47: 1458–1467.
12. RK Gupta , J Best , E MacMahon . Mumps and the UK epidemic 2005. British Medical Journal 2005; 330: 1132–1135.
13. GH Dayan , Recent resurgence of mumps in the United States. New England Journal of Medicine 2008; 358: 1580–1589.
15. HJ Brockhoff , Mumps outbreak in a highly vaccinated student population, The Netherlands, 2004. Vaccine 2010; 28: 2932–2936.
17. NG Schwarz , Mumps outbreak in the Republic of Moldova, 2007–2008. Pediatric Infectious Diseases Journal 2010; 29: 703–706.
18. RG Pebody , Immunogenicity of second dose measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine and implications for serosurveillance. Vaccine 2002; 20: 1134–1140.
19. CW LeBaron , Persistence of mumps antibodies after 2 doses of measles-mumps-rubella vaccine. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2009; 199: 552–560.
I Davidkin ,
Persistence of measles, mumps, and rubella antibodies in an MMR-vaccinated cohort: a 20-year follow-up. Journal of Infectious Diseases
2008; 197: 950–956.
21. J Mauldin , Mumps virus-specific antibody titers from pre-vaccine era sera: comparison of the plaque reduction neutralization assay and enzyme immunoassays. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2005; 43: 4847–4851.
24. H Kelly , A random cluster survey and a convenience sample give comparable estimates of immunity to vaccine preventable diseases in children of school age in Victoria, Australia. Vaccine 2002; 20: 3130–3136.
25. K Osborne , Ten years of serological surveillance in England and Wales: methods, results, implications and action. International Journal of Epidemiology 2000; 29: 362–368.
27. G Kafatos , N Andrews , A Nardone . Model selection methodology for inter-laboratory standardisation of antibody titres. Vaccine 2005; 23: 5022–5027.
N Andrews ,
The European Sero-Epidemiology Network: standardizing the enzyme immunoassay results for measles, mumps and rubella. Epidemiology and Infection
2000; 125: 127–141.
30. MM Cortese , Mumps vaccine performance among university students during a mumps outbreak. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2008; 46: 1172–1180.
31. C Vandermeulen , Outbreak of mumps in a vaccinated child population: a question of vaccine failure? Vaccine 2004; 22: 2713–2716.
32. BS Hersh , Mumps outbreak in a highly vaccinated population. Journal of Pediatrics 1991; 119: 187–193.
33. PA Briss , Sustained transmission of mumps in a highly vaccinated population: assessment of primary vaccine failure and waning vaccine-induced immunity. Journal of Infectious Diseases 1994; 169: 77–82.
34. JK Schaffzin , Effectiveness of previous mumps vaccination during a summer camp outbreak. Pediatrics 2007; 120: e862–868.
J Mossong ,
Social contacts and mixing patterns relevant to the spread of infectious diseases. PLoS Medicine
2008; 5: e74.
36. R Hanna-Wakim , Immune responses to mumps vaccine in adults who were vaccinated in childhood. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2008; 197: 1669–1675.
37. J Ilonen , Immune responses to live attenuated and inactivated mumps virus vaccines in seronegative and seropositive young adult males. Journal of Medical Virololgy 1984; 13: 331–338.
39. A Nardone , Comparison of rubella seroepidemiology in 17 countries: progress towards international disease control targets. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 2008; 86: 118–125.
40. N Andrews , Towards elimination: measles susceptibility in Australia and 17 European countries. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 2008; 86: 197–204.
41. C Masseria , P Mladovsky , C Hernandez-Quevedo . The socio-economic determinants of the health status of Roma in comparison with non-Roma in Bulgaria, Hungary and Romania. European Journal of Public Health 20: 549–554.
42. L Toscani , Comparison of the efficacy of various strains of mumps vaccine: a school survey [in German]. Sozial- und Präventivmedizin 1996; 41: 341–347.
43. JL Richard , Comparison of the effectiveness of two mumps vaccines during an outbreak in Switzerland in 1999 and 2000: a case-cohort study. European Journal of Epidemiology 2003; 18: 569–577.
45. S Hahne , Mumps vaccine effectiveness against orchitis. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2012; 18: 191–193.
46. MM Cortese , Mumps antibody levels among students before a mumps outbreak: in search of a correlate of immunity. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2011; 204: 1413–1422.
I Davidkin , M Valle , I Julkunen . Persistence of anti-mumps virus antibodies after a two-dose MMR vaccination. A nine-year follow-up. Vaccine
1995; 13: 1617–1622.
48. H Kuno-Sakai , K Ozaki , M Kimura . Two doses of measles mumps rubella (MMR) vaccine. Acta Paediatrica Japonica 1989; 31: 690–697.
49. I Davidkin , MMR vaccination and disease elimination: the Finnish experience. Expert Review of Vaccines 2010; 9: 1045–1053.