This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. G Oster , Pain, medication use, and health-related quality of life in older persons with postherpetic neuralgia: results from a population-based survey. Journal of Pain 2005; 6: 356–363.
2. RW Johnson , RH Dworkin . Treatment of herpes zoster and postherpetic neuralgia. British Medical Journal 2003; 326: 748–750.
3. BF Jung , Risk factors for postherpetic neuralgia in patients with herpes zoster. Neurology 2004; 62: 1545–1551.
5. E Miller , R Marshall , J Vurdien . Epidemiology, outcome and control of varicella-zoster infection. Reviews in Medical Microbiology, 1993; 4: 222–230.
7. AL Cunningham , RH Dworkin . The management of post-herpetic neuralgia. British Medical Journal 2000; 321: 778–779.
8. JG Donahue , The incidence of herpes zoster. Archives of Internal Medicine 1995; 155: 1605–1609.
9. D Bowsher . The lifetime occurrence of herpes zoster and prevalence of postherpetic neuralgia: a retrospective survey in an elderly population. European Journal of Pain 1999; 3: 335–342.
10. J Edmunds , M Brisson , JD Rose . The epidemiology of herpes zoster and potential cost-effectiveness of vaccination in England and Wales. Vaccine 2001; 19: 3076–3090.
11. W Opstelten , Herpes zoster and postherpetic neuralgia: incidence and risk indicators using a general practice research database. Family Practice 2002; 19: 471–475.
12. FT Scott , The burden of Herpes Zoster: a prospective population based study. Vaccine 2006; 24: 1308–1314.
14. MN Oxman , A vaccine to prevent herpes zoster and postherpetic neuralgia in older adults. New England Journal of Medicine 2005; 352: 2271–2284.
21. S Thomas , A Hall . What does epidemiology tell us about risk factors for herpes zoster? Lancet Infectious Diseases 2004; 4: 26–33.
24. W Opstelten Gender as an independent risk factor for herpes zoster: a population-based prospective study. Annals of Epidemiology 2006; 16: 692–695.
26. PM Coplan , Development of a measure of the burden of pain due to herpes zoster and postherpetic neuralgia for prevention trials: adaptation of the brief pain inventory. Journal of Pain 2004; 5: 344–356.
27. C Chidiac , Characteristics of patients with herpes zoster on presentation to practitioners in France. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2001; 33: 62–69.