This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
5. C Colijn , T Cohen , M Murray . Mathematical models of tuberculosis: accomplishments and future challenges. In: RP Mondaini , R Dilão , eds. BIOMAT 2006: International Symposium on Mathematical and Computational Biology. Singapore: World Scientific, 2007, p. 123.
7. C Dye , Prospects for worldwide tuberculosis control under the WHO DOTS strategy. Directly observed short-course therapy. Lancet 1998; 352: 1886–1891.
10. E Vynnycky , PEM Fine . The long-term dynamics of tuberculosis and other diseases with long serial intervals: implications of and for changing reproduction numbers. Epidemiology and Infection 1998; 121: 309–324.
11. E Vynnycky , PEM Fine . Interpreting the decline in tuberculosis: the role of secular trends in effective contact. International Journal of Epidemiology 1999; 28: 327–334.
12. E Ziv , CL Daley , SM Blower . Early therapy for latent tuberculosis infection. American Journal of Epidemiology 2001; 153: 381–385.
14. C Colijn , T Cohen , M Murray . Emergent heterogeneity in declining tuberculosis epidemics. Journal of Theoretical Biology 2007; 247: 765–774.
15. C Dye , BG Williams . Eliminating human tuberculosis in the twenty-first century. Journal of the Royal Society Interface 2008; 5: 653–662.
16. Z-W Jia , Modeling the impact of immigration on the epidemiology of tuberculosis. Theoretical Population Biology 2008; 73: 437–448.
18. LJ Abu-Raddad , Epidemiological benefits of more-effective tuberculosis vaccines, drugs, and diagnostics. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA 2009; 106: 13 980–13 985.
21. DE Bennett , Prevalence of tuberculosis infection in the United States population. The National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 1999–2000. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 2008; 177: 348–355.
22. SM Blower , H Dowlatabadi . Sensitivity and uncertainty analysis of complex models of disease transmission: an HIV model, as an example. International Statistical Review 1994; 62: 229–243.
23. MA Sanchez , SM Blower . Uncertainty and sensitivity analysis of the basic reproductive rate. Tuberculosis as an example. American Journal of Epidemiology 1997; 145: 1127–1137.
25. LR Petzold . Automatic selection of methods for solving stiff and nonstiff systems of ordinary differential equations. SIAM Journal on Scientific and Statistical Computing 1983; 4: 136–148.
27. F Brauer , P van den Driessche . Models for transmission of disease with immigration of infectives. Mathematical Biosciences 2001; 171: 143–154.
31. PM Small , The epidemiology of tuberculosis in San Francisco – a population-based study using conventional and molecular methods. New England Journal of Medicine 1994; 330: 1703–1709.
33. C Dye , BG Williams . Slow elimination of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis. Science Translational Medicine 2009; 1: 3ra8.
37. TM Daniel , SM Debanne . Estimation of the annual risk of tuberculous infection for white men in the United States. Journal of Infectious Diseases 1997; 175: 1535–1537.
38. TR Sterling , The scope and impact of treatment of latent tuberculosis infection in the United States and Canada. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 2006; 173: 927–931.