This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. DC Gajdusek . Virus hemorrhagic fevers – special reference to hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome (epidemic hemorrhagic fever). J Pediatr 1962; 60: 841–57.
3. B Settergren . Nephropathia epidemica (Hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome) in Scandinavia. Rev Infect Dis 1991; 13: 736–44.
5. B Niklasson , J LeDuc . Epidemiology of nephropathia epidemica in Sweden. J Infect Dis 1987; 155: 269–76.
7. B Niklasson , L Nyman , A Linde , M Grandien , J Dalrymple . An epidemiological survey of nephropathia epidemica in Sweden. Scand J Infect Dis 1983; 15: 239–45.
9.WHO MONICA Project Principle Investigators: The World Health Organization MONICA Project (Monitoring trends and determinants in cardiovascular disease): a major international collaboration. J Clin Epidemiol 1988; 41: 105–14.
12. A-I Sommer , T Traavik , R Mehl , BP Berdal , J Dalrymple . Hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome (Nephropathia epidemica) in Norway: sereopidemiology 1981–1985. Scand J Infect Dis 1988; 20: 267–74.
19. Z-Y Xu , C-S Guo , Y-L Wu , X-W Zhang , K Liu . Epidemiological studies of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome: Analysis of risk factors and mode of transmission. J Infect Dis 1985; 152: 137–44.
21. G Song , Y-C Huang , C-S Hang , Preliminary human trial of inactivated golden hamster kidney cell (GHKC) vaccine against haemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome (HFRS). Vaccine 1992; 10: 214–16.
22. GE Glass , AJ Watson , JW LeDuc , GD Kelen , TC Quinn , JE Childs . Infection with a ratborne hantavirus in US residents is consistently associated with hypertensive renal disease. J Infect Dis 1993; 167: 614–20.
23. D Kleinknecht , PE Rollin . Hypertension after hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome. Nephron 1992; 61: 121.
24. JWT LeDuc , JE Childs , GE Glass . The hantaviruses, etiologic agents of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome: a possible cause of hypertension and chronic renal disease in the United States. Annu Rev Public Health 1992; 13: 79–98.