This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. N Guiso , J Liese , S Plotkin . The Global Pertussis Initiative: meeting report from the fourth regional roundtable meeting, France, April 14–15, 2010. Human Vaccines 2011; 7: 481–488.
4. RE Black , Global, regional, and national causes of child mortality in 2008: a systematic analysis. Lancet 2010; 375: 1969–1987.
8. R Ulloa-Gutierrez , The Global Pertussis Initiative: meeting report from the regional Latin America meeting, Costa Rica, 5–6 December, 2008. Human Vaccines 2010; 6: 876–880.
N Guiso ,
The Global Pertussis Initiative: report from a round table meeting to discuss the epidemiology and detection of pertussis, Paris, France, 11–12 January 2010. Vaccine
2011; 29: 1115–1121.
11. P Rendi-Wagner , The seroepidemiology of Bordetella pertussis in Israel – estimate of incidence of infection. Vaccine 2010; 28: 3285–3290.
12. U Heininger , JD Cherry . Pertussis immunization in adolescents and adults – Bordetella pertussis epidemiology should guide vaccination recommendations. Expert Opinion on Biological Therapy 2006; 6: 685–697.
15. M Riffelmann , Performance of commercial enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays for detection of antibodies to Bordetella pertussis. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2010; 48: 4459–4463.
BA Halperin ,
Kinetics of the antibody response to tetanus-diphtheria-acellular pertussis vaccine in women of childbearing age and postpartum women. Clinical Infectious Diseases
2011; 53: 885–892.
21. B Esen , Prevalence of high antibody titers of pertussis in Turkey: reflection of circulating microorganism and a threat to infants. Journal of Clinical Laboratory Analysis 2007; 21: 154–161.
23. M Libster , KM Edwards . Re-emergence of pertussis: what are the solutions? Expert Review of Vaccines 2012; 11: 1331–1346.
HE De Melker ,
The incidence of Bordetella pertussis infection estimated in the population from a combination of serological surveys. Journal of Infection
2006; 53: 106–113.
28. P Olin , Randomized controlled trial of two-component, three-component, and five-component acellular pertussis vaccines compared with whole-cell pertussis vaccine. Ad Hoc Group for the study of pertussis vaccines. Lancet 1997; 350: 1569–1577.
29. SC De Greef , Seroprevalence of pertussis in the Netherlands: evidence for increased circulation of Bordetella pertussis. PLoS ONE 2010; 5: e14183.
31. DA Brooks , R Clover . Pertussis infection in the United States: role for vaccination of adolescents and adults. Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine 2006; 19: 603–611.
34. JL Valdespino , Seroepidemiology of hepatitis A in Mexico. A detector of social inequity and monitor of immunization policies. Salud Publica de Mexico 2007; 49 (Suppl. 3): S377–S385.
CM Healy , MA Rench , CJ Baker . Implementation of cocooning against pertussis in a high-risk population. Clinical Infectious Diseases
2011; 52: 157–162.
37. DM Skowronski , The number needed to vaccinate to prevent infant pertussis hospitalization and death through parent cocoon immunization. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2012; 54: 318–327.
F Munoz , J Englund . Infant pertussis: Is cocooning the answer?
Clinical Infectious Diseases
2011; 53: 893–896.