This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1.National Nosocomial Infections Surveillance (NNIS). System report, data summary from January 1992 to June 2002, issued August 2002. American Journal of Infection Control 2002; 30: 458–475.
2. FF Barrett , RF McGehee Jr., M Finland . Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus at Boston City Hospital. Bacteriologic and epidemiologic observations. New England Journal of Medicine 1968; 279: 441–448.
7. CJ Fichtenbaum , WC Dunagan , WG Powderly . Bacteremia in hospitalized patients infected with the human immunodeficiency virus: a case-control study of risk factors and outcome. Journal of the Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome and Human Retrovirology 1995; 8: 51–57.
9. A Senthilkumar , S Kumar , JN Sheagren . Increased incidence of Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia in hospitalized patients with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2001; 33: 1412–1416.
10. R Alonso , Outbreak among HIV-infected patients of Staphylococcus aureus resistant to cotrimoxazole and methicillin. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology 1997; 18: 617–621.
11. EJ Anderson , A series of skin and soft tissue infections due to methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in HIV-infected patients. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome 2006; 41: 125–127.
12. A Bar , Spectrum of bacterial isolates in HIV-positive patients with skin and soft tissue infections: emergence of methicillin-resistant Staphylococci. AIDS 2003; 17: 1253–1256.
14. RJ Gordon , A molecular epidemiological analysis of 2 Staphylococcus aureus clonal types colonizing and infecting patients with AIDS. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2005; 40: 1028–1036.
15. PA Klein , Prevalence of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in outpatients with psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, or HIV infection. Archives of Dermatology 1997; 133: 1463–1465.
16. NE Lee , Risk factors for community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus skin infections among HIV-positive men who have sex with men. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2005; 40: 1529–1534.
17. WC Mathews , Incidence of and risk factors for clinically significant methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection in a cohort of HIV-infected adults. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome 2005; 40: 155–160.
18. LC McDonald , Colonization of HIV-infected outpatients in Taiwan with methicillin-resistant and methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus. International Journal of STD & AIDS 2003; 14: 473–477.
19. A Shet , Colonization and subsequent skin and soft tissue infection due to methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in a cohort of otherwise healthy adults infected with HIV type 1. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2009; 200: 88–93.
20. R Sztramko , Community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections in men who have sex with men: a case series. Canadian Journal of Infectious Disease and Medical Microbiology 2007; 18: 257–261.
21. DJ Skiest , Prospective comparison of methicillin-susceptible and methicillin-resistant community-associated Staphylococcus aureus infections in hospitalized patients. Journal of Infection 2007; 54: 427–434.
22. D Skiest , Community-onset methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in an urban HIV clinic. HIV Medicine 2006; 7: 361–368.
23. RM Klevens , Invasive methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections in the United States. Journal of the American Medical Association 2007; 298: 1763–1771.
24. KJ Popovich , Community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and HIV: intersecting epidemics. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2010; 50: 979–987.
25. N Krieger . Overcoming the absence of socioeconomic data in medical records: validation and application of a census-based methodology. American Journal of Public Health 1992; 82: 703–710.
27. RR Kempker , Association of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) USA300 genotype with mortality in MRSA bacteremia. Journal of Infection 2010; 61: 372–381.
30. AJ Kallen , Health care-associated invasive MRSA infections, 2005–2008. Journal of the American Medical Association 2010; 304: 641–648.
32. MD King , Emergence of community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus USA 300 clone as the predominant cause of skin and soft-tissue infections. Annals of Internal Medicine 2006; 144: 309–317.
35. NF Crum-Cianflone , Association of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) colonization with high-risk sexual behaviors in persons infected with Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV). Medicine (Baltimore) 2011; 90: 379–389.
38. NF Crum-Cianflone , AA Burgi , BR Hale . Increasing rates of community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections among HIV-infected persons. International Journal of STD & AIDS 2007; 18: 521–526.
39. C Liu , A population-based study of the incidence and molecular epidemiology of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus disease in San Francisco, 2004–2005. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2008; 46: 1637–1646.
41. LA Herwaldt . Control of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in the hospital setting. American Journal of Medicine 1999; 106 (Suppl. 1): S8–S11.