1. Kennedy, EH, Greene, MT, Saint, S. Estimating hospital costs of catheter-associated urinary tract infection. J Hosp Med 2013;8:519–522.
2. Higuera, F, Rangel-Frausto, MS, Rosenthal, VD, et al. Attributable cost and length of stay for patients with central venous catheter-associated bloodstream infection in Mexico City intensive care units: a prospective, matched analysis. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2007;28:31–35.
3. Rosenthal, VD, Guzman, S, Migone, O, Crnich, CJ. The attributable cost, length of hospital stay, and mortality of central line-associated bloodstream infection in intensive care departments in Argentina: a prospective, matched analysis. Am J Infect Control 2003;31:475–480.
4. Vandijck, DM, Depaemelaere, M, Labeau, SO, et al. Daily cost of antimicrobial therapy in patients with intensive care unit–acquired, laboratory-confirmed bloodstream infection. Int J Antimicrob Agents 2008;31:161–165.
6. Advani, SD, Lee, RA, Schmitz, M, Camins, BC. Impact of changes to the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) definition on catheter-associated urinary tract infection (CAUTI) rates in intensive care units at an academic medical center. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2017;38:621–623.
7. Bardossy, AC, Jayaprakash, R, Alangaden, AC, et al. Impact and limitations of the 2015 National Health and Safety Network case definition on catheter-associated urinary tract infection rates. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2017;38:239–241.
8. Fakih, MG, Groves, C, Bufalino, A, Sturm, LK, Hendrich, AL. Definitional change in NHSN CAUTI was associated with an increase in CLABSI events: evaluation of a large health system. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2017;38:685–689.
9. Boyce, JM, Nadeau, J, Dumigan, D, et al. Obtaining blood cultures by venipuncture versus from central lines: impact on blood culture contamination rates and potential effect on central line-associated bloodstream infection reporting. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2013;34:1042–1047.
10. Garcia, RA, Spitzer, ED, Beaudry, J, et al. Multidisciplinary team review of best practices for collection and handling of blood cultures to determine effective interventions for increasing the yield of true-positive bacteremias, reducing contamination, and eliminating false-positive central line-associated bloodstream infections. Am J Infect Control 2015;43:1222–1237.
11. Drogari-Apiranthitou, M, Anyfantis, I, Galani, I, Kanioura, L, Daikos, GL, Petrikkos, G. Association between candiduria and candidemia: a clinical and molecular analysis of cases. Mycopathologia 2017;182:1045–1052.