1. JM Aranaz-Andrés , P Ruiz-López , C Aibar-Remón , et al. Adverse events in general and digestive surgery departments in Spanish hospitals [in Spanish]. Cir Esp 2007;82:268–277.
2. M Delgado-Rodriguez , A Gómez-Ortega , J Llorca , et al. Nosocomial infection, indices of intrinsic infection risk, and in-hospital mortality in general surgery. J Hosp Infect 1999;41:203–211.
3. TC Horan , M Andrus , MA Dudeck . CDC/NHSN surveillance definition of health care-associated infection and criteria for specific types of infections in the acute care setting. Am J Infect Control 2008;36:309–332.
4. SF Khuri , J Daley , W Henderson , et al. Risk adjustment of the postoperative mortality rate for the comparative assessment of the quality of surgical care: results of the National Veterans Affairs Surgical Risk Study. J Am Coll Surg 1997;185:315–327.
7. B Barreiro-López , JM Tricas , E Mauri , S Quintana , J Garau . Risk factors and prognostic factors in nosocomial pneumonia outside the intensive care units setting [in Spanish], Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 2005;23:519–524.
9. TM Perl , L Dvorak , T Hwang , RP Wenzel . Long-term survival and function after suspected gram-negative sepsis. JAMA 1995;274:338–345.
10. M Delgado-Rodriguez , M Sillero-Arenas , M Medina-Cuadros , G Martinez-Gallego . Usefulness of intrinsic infection risk indexes as predictors of in-hospital death. Am J Infect Control 1997;25:365–370.
P Fabbro-Peray , A Sotto , C Defez , et al. Mortality attributable to nosocomial infection: a cohort of patients with and without nosocomial infection in a French university hospital. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol