This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. LJ Burrows , LA Meyn , AM Weber . Maternal morbidity associated with vaginal versus cesarean delivery. Obstet Gynecol 2004;103:907–912.
4. W Chaim , A Bashiri , J Bar-David , I Shoham-Vardi , M Mazor . Prevalence and clinical significance of postpartum endometritis and wound infection. Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 2000;8:77–82.
5. AT Tita , JC Hauth , A Grimes , J Owen , AM Stamm , WW Andrews . Decreasing incidence of postcesarean endometritis with extended-spectrum antibiotic prophylaxis. Obstet Gynecol 2008;111:51–56.
7. AB Caughey , NE Stotland , AE Washington , GJ Escobar . Maternal and obstetric complications of pregnancy are associated with increasing gestational age at term. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2007;196:155–156.
8. RV Starr , J Zurawski , M Ismail . Preoperative vaginal preparation with povidone-iodine and the risk of postcesarean endometritis. Obstet Gynecol 2005;105:1024–1029.
, , . . ;:.9. SH Tran AB Caughey TJ Musei Meconium-stained amniotic fluid in associated with puerperal infections Am J Obstet Gynecol 2003 189 746750
10. A Jazayeri , MK Jazayeri , M Sahinler , T Sincich . Is meconium passage a risk factor for maternal infection in term pregnancies? Obstet Gynecol 2002;99:548–552.
12. WW Andrews , JC Hauth , SP Cliver , K Savage , RL Goldenberg . Randomized clinical trial of extended spectrum antibiotic prophylaxis with coverage for Ureaplasma urealyticum to reduce post-cesarean delivery endometritis. Obstet Gynecol 2003;101:1183–1189.
, , , , , . . ;:–. Available at: . Accessed July 1, 2008.13. SA Sullivan T Smith E Chang T Hulsey JP Vandorsten D Soper Administration of cefazolin prior to skin incision in superior to cefazolin at cord clamping in preventing postcesarean infectious morbidity: a randomized, controlled trial (published correction appears in 2007;197:333)Am J Obstet Gynecol Am J Obstet Gynecol 2007 196 455.e1455.e5http://www.ajog.org/article/PIIS000293780700347X
14. VC Reid , KE Hartmann , M MCMahon , EP Fry . Vaginal preparation with povidone iodine and postcesarean infectious morbidity: a randomized controlled trial. Obstet Gynecol 2001;97:147–152.
15. GJ Locksmith , P Clark , P Duff . Maternal and neonatal infection rates with three different protocols for prevention of group B streptococcal disease. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1999;180:416–422.
16. SH Tran , YW Cheng , AJ Kaimal , AB Caughey . Length of rupture of membranes in the setting of premature rupture of membranes at term and infectious maternal morbidity. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2008;198:700–705.
17. PG Seaward , ME Hannah , TL Myhr , et al. International Multicentre Term Prelabor Rupture of Membranes Study: evaluation of predictors of clinical chorioamnionitis and postpartum fever in patients with prelabor rupture of membranes at term. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1997;177:1024–1029.
18. DS Yokoe , CL Christiansen , R Johnson , et al. Epidemiology of and surveillance for postpartum infections. Emerg Infect Dis 2001;7:837–841.
19. DS Yokoe , GA Noskin , SM Cunningham , et al. Enhanced identification of postoperative infections. Emerg Infect Dis 2004;10:1924–1930.
20. TC Horan , M Andrus , MA Dudeck . CDC/NHSN surveillance definition of health care-associated infection and criteria for specific types of infections in the acute care setting. Am J Infect Control 2008;36:309–332.
21. MA Olsen , AM Butler , DM Willers , P Devkota , GA Gross , VJ Fraser . Risk factors for surgical site infection after low transverse cesarean section. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2008;29:477–484.
, . . ;:–.22. W Sauerbrei P Royston Building multivariable prognostic and diagnostic models: transformation of the predictors using fractional polynomials J R Stat Soc Ser A 1999 162 7194
, . . : ; .24. P Royston W Sauerbrei Multivariable Model-Building: A Pragmatic Approach to Regression Analysis Based of Fractional Polynomials for Modelling Continuous Variables West Sussex, EnglandJohn Wiley & Sons2008
25. KP Magee , JD Blanco , JM Graham , C Rayburn , S Prien . Endometritis after cesarean: the effect of age. Am J Perinatol 1994;11:24–26.
26. A Apisarnthanarak , G Holzmann-Pazgal , A Hamvas , MA Olsen , VJ Fraser . Ventilator-associated pneumonia in extremely preterm neonates in a neonatal intensive care unit: characteristics, risk factors, and outcomes. Pediatrics 2003;112:1283–1289.
27. PE Marik , HL Corwin . Efficacy of red blood cell transfusion in the critically ill: a systematic review of the literature. Crit Care Med 2008;36:2667–2674.
28. MA Olsen , P Lock-Buckley , D Hopkins , LB Polish , TM Sundt , VJ Fraser . The risk factors for deep and superficial chest surgical-site infections after coronary artery bypass graft surgery are different. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2002;124:136–145.
29. MA Olsen , M Lefta , JR Dietz , et al. Risk factors for surgical site infection after major breast surgery. J Am Coll Surg 2008;207:326–335.
30. MA Olsen , JJ Nepple , KD Riew , et al. Risk factors for surgical site infection following orthopaedic spinal operations. J Bone Joint Surg Am 2008;90:62–69.
31. JS Cervia , B Wenz , GA Ortolano . Leukocyte reduction's role in the attenuation of infection risks among transfusion recipients. Clin Infect Dis 2007;45:1008–1013.
32. CA Llewelyn , RS Taylor , AA Todd , W Stevens , MF Murphy , LM Williamson . The effect of universal leukoreduction of postoperative infections and length of hospital stay in elective orthopedic and cardiac surgery. Transfusion 2004;44:489–500.
33. T Frietsch , R Karger , M Scholer , et al. Leukodepletion of autologous whole blood has n. impact on perioperative infection rate and length of hospital stay. Transfusion 2008;48:2133–2142.
35. JM Catov , LM Bodnar , RB Ness , N Markovic , JM Roberts . Association of periconceptional multivitamin use and risk of preterm or small-for-gestational-age births. Am J Epidemiol 2007;166:296–303.
36. BA Laraia , LM Bodnar , AM Siega-Riz . Pregravid body mass index in negatively associated with diet quality during pregnancy. Public Health Nutr 2007;10:920–926.
39. AM Dumas , R Girard , L Ayzac , et al. Effect of intrapartum antibiotic prophylaxis against group B streptococcal infection of comparisons of rates of endometritis and urinary tract infection in multicenter surveillance. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2008;29:327–332.