1. Aledort, LM, Haschmeyer, RH, Pettersson, H. A longitudinal study of orthopaedic outcomes for severe factor-VIII-deficient haemophiliacs. The Orthopaedic Outcome Study Group. J Intern Med. 1994;236:391–399.
2. Berntorp, E, Astermark, J, Bjorkman, S, et al. Consensus perspectives on prophylactic therapy for haemophilia:summary statement. Haemophilia. 2003;9 (Suppl 1):1–4.
3. European Commission. Proceedings of Blood Safety in the European Community: An Initiative for Optimal Use; 20–22 May 1999; Wildbad Kreuth. Langen: Paul-Ehrlich Institute; 1999.
4. Globe, DR, Curtis, RG, Koerper, MA. Utilization of care in haemophilia: a resource- based method for cost analysis from the Haemophilia Utilization Group Study (HUGS). Haemophilia. 2004;10 (Suppl 1):63–70.
5. Iranian Haemophilia Society's Report. Tehran, Iran; 2007.
6. Karimi, M, Rahmani, S, Ardeshiri, R, et al. Cost of care in Iranian hemophilic patients. Iran Red Crescent Med J. 2007;9:154–157.
7. Liesner, RJ, Khair, K, Hann, IM. The impact of prophylactic treatment on children with severe haemophilia. Br J Haematol. 1996;92:973–978.
8. Lippert, B, Berger, K, Berntorp, E, et al. Cost effectiveness of haemophilia treatment: A cross-national assessment. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2005;16:477–485.
9. Manco-Johnson, MJ, Abshire, TC, Shapiro, AD, et al. Prophylaxis versus episodic treatment to prevent joint disease in boys with severe hemophilia. N Engl J Med. 2007;357:535–544.
10. Martines-Murillo, C, Quintana, S, Ambriz, R, et al. An economic model of haemophilia in Mexico. Haemophilia. 2004;10:9–17.
11. Miners, AH, Sabin, CA, Tolley, KH, et al. A Assessing the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of prophylaxis against bleeding in patients with severe haemophilia and severe von Willebrand's disease. J Intern Med. 1998;244:515–522.
12. Miners, AH, Sabin, CA, Tolley, KH, et al. Cost-utility analysis of primary prophylaxis versus treatment on-demand for individuals with severe haemophilia. Pharmacoeconomics. 2002;20:759–774.
13. Nilsson, IM, Berntorp, E, Lofqvist, T, et al. Twenty-five years’ experience of prophylactic treatment in severe haemophilia A and B. J Intern Med. 1992;232:25–32.
14. Smith, PS, Teutsch, SM, Shaffer, PA, et al. Episodic versus prophylactic infusions for hemophilia A: A cost-effectiveness analysis. J Pediatrics. 1996;129:424–431.
15. Szucs, TD, Offner, A, Schramm, W. Socioeconomic impact of haemophilia care: Results of a pilot study. Haemophilia. 1996;2:211–217.
16. United Kingdom Haemophilia Centre Directors Organization Executive Committee. Guidelines on therapeutic products to treat haemophilia and other hereditary coagulation disorders. Haemophilia. 1997;3:63–77.
17. Van Den Berg, HM, Fischer, K, Van Der Bom, JG. Comparing outcomes of different treatment regimens for severe haemophilia. Haemophilia. 2003;9 (Suppl 1):27–31.