1. Anderson, R, Haas, M, Shanahan, M. The cost-effectiveness of cervical screening in Australia: What is the impact of screening at different intervals or over a different age range? Aust N Z J Public Health. 2008;32:43–52.
2. Anttila, A, Ronco, G, Clifford, G, et al. Cervical cancer screening programmes and policies in 18 European countries. Br J Cancer. 2004;91:935–941.
3. Ault, KA, The Future II Study Group. Effect of prophylactic human papillomavirus L1 virus-like-particle vaccine on risk of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia grade 2, grade 3, and adenocarcinoma in situ: A combined analysis of four randomised clinical trials. Lancet. 2007;369:1861–1868.
4. Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Cervical screening in Australia 2006–2007. Cancer Series. Canberra: Australian Institute of Health and Welfare; 2009.
5. Brisson, M, Van de Velde, N, De Wals, P, Boily, M-C. The potential cost-effectiveness of prophylactic human papillomavirus vaccines in Canada. Vaccine. 2007;25:5399–5408.
6. Canfell, K, Barnabas, R, Patnick, J, Beral, V. The predicted effect of changes in cervical screening practice in the UK: Results from a modelling study. Br J Cancer. 2004;91:530–536.
7. Debicki, D, Ferko, N, Demarteau, N, et al. Comparison of detailed and succinct cohort modelling approaches in a multi-regional evaluation of cervical cancer vaccination. Vaccine. 2008;26 (Suppl 5):F16–F28.
8. Elbasha, E, Dasbach, E, Insinga, R. A Multi-Type HPV Transmission Model. Bull Math Biol. 2008;70:2126–2176.
9. European Cervical Cancer Screening Network. European guidelines for quality assurance in cervical screening. Luxembourg: Health & Consumer Protection Directorate-General, European Commission; 2003.
10. Goldie, SJ, Grima, D, Kohli, M, et al. A comprehensive natural history model of HPV infection and cervical cancer to estimate the clinical impact of a prophylactic HPV-16/18 vaccine. Int J Cancer. 2003;106:896–904.
11. Goldie, SJ, Kohli, M, Grima, D, et al. Projected clinical benefits and cost-effectiveness of a human papillomavirus 16/18 vaccine. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2004;96:604–615.
12. Hillemanns, P, Petry, K, Largeron, N, et al. Cost-effectiveness of a tetravalent human papillomavirus vaccine in Germany. J Public Health. 2008;17:77–86.
13. Insinga, R, Dasbach, E, Elbasha, E. Epidemiologic natural history and clinical management of Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Disease: A critical and systematic review of the literature in the development of an HPV dynamic transmission model. BMC Infect Dis. 2009;9:119.
14. Joura, EA, Leodolter, S, Hernandez-Avila, M, et al. Efficacy of a quadrivalent prophylactic human papillomavirus (types 6, 11, 16, and 18) L1 virus-like-particle vaccine against high-grade vulval and vaginal lesions: A combined analysis of three randomised clinical trials. Lancet. 2007;369:1693–1702.
15. Kim, JJ, Wright, TC, Goldie, SJ. Cost-effectiveness of alternative triage strategies for atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance. JAMA. 2002;287:2382–2390.
16. Koulova, A, Tsui, J, Irwin, K, et al. Country recommendations on the inclusion of HPV vaccines in national immunization programmes among high-income countries, June 2006–January 2008. Vaccine. 2008;26:6529–6541.
17. Kulasingam, S, Connelly, L, Conway, E, et al. A cost-effectiveness analysis of adding a human papillomavirus vaccine to the Australian National Cervical Cancer Screening Program. Sex Health. 2007;4:165–175.
18. Linos, A, Riza, E. Comparisons of cervical cancer screening programmes in the European Union. Eur J Cancer. 2000;36:2260–2265.
19. Mandelblatt, JS, Lawrence, WF, Gaffikin L, et al. Costs and benefits of different strategies to screen for cervical cancer in less-developed countries. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2002;94:1469–1483.
20. Maxwell, GL, Carlson, JW, Ochoa, M, et al. Costs and effectiveness of alternative strategies for cervical cancer screening in military beneficiaries. Obstet Gynecol. 2002;100:740–748.
21. Ministry of Health. Cancer: New registrations and deaths 2005. Wellington: Ministry of Health; 2008.
22. Ministry of Health, HPV Project Team. The HPV (Human Papillomavirus) Immunisation Programme. National implementation strategic overview. Wellington: Ministry of Health; 2008.
23. Muñoz, N, Castellsagué, X, de González, AB, Gissmann, L. Chapter 1: HPV in the etiology of human cancer. Vaccine. 2006;24 (Suppl 3):S1–S10.
24. Myers, ER, McCrory, DC, Nanda, K, Bastian, L, Matchar, DB. Mathematical model for the natural history of human papillomavirus infection and cervical carcinogenesis Am J Epidemiol. 2000;151:1158–1171.
25. Newall, AT, Beutels, P, Wood, JG, Edmunds, WJ, MacIntyre, CR. Cost-effectiveness analyses of human papillomavirus vaccination. Lancet Infect Dis. 2007;7:289–296.
26. Parkin, DM, Bray, F. Chapter 2: The burden of HPV-related cancers. Vaccine. 2006;24 (Suppl 3):S11–S25.
27. Rogoza, RM, Ferko, N, Bentley, J, et al. Optimization of primary and secondary cervical cancer prevention strategies in an era of cervical cancer vaccination: A multi-regional health economic analysis. Vaccine. 2008;26 (Suppl 5):F46–F58.
28. Sanders, GD, Taira, AV. Cost-effectiveness of a potential vaccine for human papillomavirus. Emerg Infect Dis. 2003;9:37–48.
29. Sanders, GD, Taira, AV. Cost effectiveness of a potential vaccine for human papillomavirus. Emerg Infect Dis. 2003;9:37–48.
30. Schiffman, M, Castle, PE, Jeronimo, J, Rodriguez, AC, Wacholder, S. Human papillomavirus and cervical cancer. Lancet. 2007;370:890–907.
31. Stratton, KR, Durch, JS, Lawrence, RS. Vaccines for the 21st century a tool for decision making. Washington DC: National Academy Press; 2000.
32. Techakehakij, W, Feldman, RD. Cost-effectiveness of HPV vaccination compared with Pap smear screening on a national scale: A literature review. Vaccine. 2008;26:6258–6265.
33. Van de Velde, N, Brisson, M, Boily, M-C. Modeling human papillomavirus vaccine effectiveness: Quantifying the impact of parameter uncertainty. Am J Epidemiol. 2007;165:762–775.
34. Wheeler, CM, Dennis, JM. Clinical aspects and epidemiology of HPV infections. Perspectives in medical virology. vol. 8. Philadelphia: Elsevier; 2002:1–29.