This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. EJ Adams , KM Turner , WJ Edmunds . The cost effectiveness of opportunistic chlamydia screening in England. Sex Transm Infect. 2007;83:267–274.
2. L Barham , D Lewis , N Latimer . One to one interventions to reduce sexually transmitted infections and under the age of 18 conceptions: A systematic review of the economic evaluations. Sex Transm Infect. 2007;83:441–446.
3. RE Brown , JG Breugelmans , D Theodoratou , S Benard . Costs of detection and treatment of cervical cancer, cervical dysplasia and genital warts in the UK. Curr Med Res Opin. 2006;22:663–670.
4. HW Chesson , DU Ekwueme , M Saraiya , LE Markowitz . Cost-effectiveness of human papillomavirus vaccination in the United States. Emerg Infect Dis. 2008;14:244–251.
6. DA Cohen , SY Wu , TA Farley . Comparing the cost-effectiveness of HIV prevention interventions (DARE structured abstract). J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2004;37:1404–1414.
8. M Fisher , P Benn , B Evans , et al.UK Guideline for the use of post-exposure prophylaxis for HIV following sexual exposure. Int J STD AIDS. 2006;17:81–92.
12. D Hu , EW III Hook , SJ Goldie . Screening for Chlamydia trachomatis in women 15 to 29 years of age: A cost-effectiveness analysis. Ann Intern Med. 2004;141:501–513.
13. AM Johnson , CH Mercer , B Erens , et al.Sexual behaviour in Britain: Partnerships, practices, and HIV risk behaviours. Lancet. 2001;358:1835–1842.
15. PC Langley , DJ White , SM Drake . The costs of treating external genital warts in England and Wales: A treatment pattern analysis. Int J STD AIDS. 2004;15:501–508.
16. N Low , A McCarthy , J Macleod , et al.Epidemiological, social, diagnostic and economic evaluation of population screening for genital chlamydial infection. Health Technol Assess. 2007;11:iii–xii, 1.
17. AH Miners , CA Sabin , P Trueman , et al.Assessing the cost-effectiveness of HAART for adults with HIV in England. HIV Med. 2001;2:52–58.
19. TC Quinn , C Gaydos , M Shepherd , et al.Epidemiologic and microbiologic correlates of Chlamydia trachomatis infection in sexual partnerships. JAMA. 1996;276:1737–1742.
20. GG Rao , L Bacon , J Evans , et al.Prevalence of Neisseria gonorrhoeae infection in young subjects attending community clinics in South London. Sex Transm Infect. 2008;84:117–121.
21. R Rothenberg , JJ Potterat , JP Koplan . The algebra of condoms and abstinence. Sex Transm Dis. 2005;32:252–254.
22. J Shepherd , J Kavanagh , J Picot , et al.The effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of behavioural interventions for the prevention of sexually transmitted infections in young people aged 13–19: A systematic review and economic evaluation. Health Technol Assess. 2010;14:1-iv.
23. KJ Smith , J Tsevat , RB Ness , HC Wiesenfeld , MS Roberts . Quality of life utilities for pelvic inflammatory disease health States. Sex Transm Dis. 2008;35:307–311.
24. JM Stephenson , V Strange , S Forrest , et al.Pupil-led sex education in England (RIPPLE study): Cluster-randomised intervention trial. Lancet. 2004;364:338–346.
25. TO Tengs , TH Lin . A meta-analysis of utility estimates for HIV/AIDS. [see comment]. Med Decis Making. 2002;22:475–481.
26. LY Wang , M Davis , L Robin , et al.Economic evaluation of safer choices: A school-based human immunodeficiency virus, other sexually transmitted diseases, and pregnancy prevention program. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2000;154:1017–1024.
27. H Weatherly , M Drummond , K Claxton , et al.Methods for assessing the cost-effectiveness of public health interventions: Key challenges and recommendations. Health Policy. 2009;93:85–92.
30. D Wight , GM Raab , M Henderson , et al.Limits of teacher delivered sex education: Interim behavioural outcomes from randomised trial. BMJ. 2002;324:1430.
31. JL Wolstenholme , DK Whynes . Stage-specific treatment costs for cervical cancer in the United Kingdom. Eur J Cancer. 1998;34:1889–1893.