This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
3. EK Arleo , NM Khilnani , A Ng , RJ Min . Features influencing patient selection for fibroid treatment with magnetic resonance-guided focused ultrasound. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2007;18:681–685.
4. MT Beinfeld , JL Bosch , GS Gazelle . Hospital costs of uterine artery embolization and hysterectomy for uterine fibroid tumors. Acad Radiol. 2002;9:1300–1304.
5. MT Beinfeld , JL Bosch , KB Isaacson , GS Gazelle . Cost-effectiveness of uterine artery embolization and hysterectomy for uterine fibroids. Radiology. 2004;230:207–213.
7. PK Brahma , KM Martel , GM Christman . Future directions in myoma research. Obstet Gynecol Clin. 2006;33:199–244.
8. GS Carls , DW Lee , RJ Ozminkowski , What are the total costs of surgical treatment for uterine fibroids? J Womens Health. 2008;17:1119–1132.
9. M Cura , A Cura , A Bugnone . Role of magnetic resonance imaging in patient selection for uterine artery embolization. Acta Radiol. 2006;47:1105–1114.
10. CJ Dembek , EM Pelletier , KB Isaacson , JB Spies . Payer costs in patients undergoing uterine artery embolization, hysterectomy, or myomectomy for treatment of uterine fibroids. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2007;18:1207–1213.
11. RC Dicker , JR Greenspan , LT Strauss , Complications of abdominal and vaginal hysterectomy among women of reproductive age in the United States: The collaborative review of sterilization. Am J Obstret Gynecol. 1982;144:841–848.
13. JL Ecker , JT Foster , AJ Friedman . Abdominal hysterectomy or abdominal myomectomy for symptomatic leiomyoma: A comparison of preoperative demography and postoperative morbidity. J Gynecol Surg. 1995;11:11–18.
14. FM Fennessy , CM Tempany , NJ McDannold , Uterine leiomyomas: MR imaging-guided focused ultrasound surgery-Results of different treatment protocols. Radiology. 2007;243:885–893.
15. M Flynn , M Jamison , S Datta , E Myers . Health care resource use for uterine fibroid tumors in the United States. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006;195:955–964.
16. LP Gavrilova-Jordan , CH Rose , KD Traynor , Successful term pregnancy following MR-guided focused ultrasound treatment of uterine leiomyoma. J Perinatol. 2007;27:59–61.
18. J Goldberg , A Bussard , J McNeil , J Diamond . Cost and reimbursement for three fibroid treatments: Abdominal hysterectomy, abdominal myomectomy, and uterine fibroid embolization. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2007;30:54–58.
20. KE Hartmann , H Birnbaum , R Ben-Hamadi , Annual costs associated with diagnosis of uterine leiomyomata. Obstet Gynecol. 2006;108:930–937.
21. GK Hesley , JP Felmlee , JB Gebhart , Noninvasive treatment of uterine fibroids: Early Mayo experience with magnetic resonance imaging-guided focused ultrasound. Mayo Clin Proc 2006;81:936–942.
23. RE Jr Iverson , D Chelmow , K Strohbehn , Relative morbidity of abdominal hysterectomy and myomectomy for management of uterine leiomyomas. Obstet Gynecol. 1996;88:415–419.
24. J Mauskopf , M Flynn , P Thieda , The economic impact of uterine fibroids in the United States: A summary of published estimates. J Womens Health. 2005;14:692–703.
25. Y Morita , N Ito , H Ohashi . Pregnancy following MR-guided focused ultrasound surgery for a uterine fibroid. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2007;99:56–57.
26. G Oderda , C Asche , KP Jones , Characterization of therapy and costs for patients with uterine fibroids in Utah Medicaid. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2007;276:211–218.
27. JP Pelage , Le O Dref , P Soyer , Fibroid-related menorrhagia: Treatment with superselective embolization of the uterine arteries and midterm follow-up. Radiology. 2000;215:428–431.
28. T Rannestad . Hysterectomy: Effects on quality of life and psychological aspects. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2005;19:419–430.
29. SD Reed , KM Newton , LB Thompson , The incidence of repeat uterine surgery following myomectomy. J Womens Health. 2006;15:1046–1052.
30. OC Smart , JT Hindley , L Regan , W Gedroyc . Gonadotrophin-releasing hormone and magnetic-resonance-guided ultrasound surgery for uterine leiomyomata. Obstet Gynecol. 2006;108:49–54.
32. JB Spies , SA Ascher , AR Roth , Uterine artery embolization for leiomyomata. Obstet Gynecol. 2001;98:29–34.
33. JB Spies , J Bruno , F Czeyda-Pommersheim , Long-term outcome of uterine artery embolization of leiomyomata. Obstet Gynecol. 2005;106:933–939.
34. JB Spies , JM Cooper , R Worthington-Kirsch , Outcome of uterine embolization and hysterectomy for leiomyomas: Results of a multicenter study. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004;191:22–31.
, , , . . ;:–.35. EA Stewart B Gostout J Rabinovici Sustained relief of leiomyoma symptoms by using focused ultrasound surgery Obstet Gynecol 2007 110 279287
36. EA Stewart , J Rabinovici , CM Tempany , Clinical outcomes of focused ultrasound surgery for the treatment of uterine fibroids. Fertil Steril. 2006;85:22–29.
37. S Subramanian , MA Clark , K Isaacson . Outcome and resource use associated with myomectomy. Obstet Gynecol. 2001;98:583–587.
38. PW Sullivan , WF Lawrence , V Ghushchyan . Preference-based EQ-5D index scores for chronic conditions in the United States. Med Decis Making. 2006;26:410–420.
41. NA Volkers , WJK Hehenkamp , E Birnie , Uterine artery embolization versus hysterectomy in the treatment of symptomatic uterine fibroids: 2 years' outcome from the randomized EMMY trial. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007;196:519e1–519e11.
42. CL Walker , EA Stewart . Uterine fibroids: The elephant in the room. Science 2005;308:1589–1592.
43. H Zowall , JA Carins , C Brewer , Cost-effectiveness of magnetic resonance-guided focused ultrasound surgery for the treatment of uterine fibroids. BJOG. 2008;115:653–662.