This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
1. J Abelson , M Giacomini , P Lehoux , FP Gauvin . Bringing ‘the public’ into health technology assessment and coverage policy decisions: From principles to practice. Health Policy. 2006;82:37–50.
2. A Andermann , I Blancquaert , S Beauchamp , V Dery . Revisiting Wilson and Jungner in the genomic age: A review of screening criteria over the past 40 years. Bull World Health Organ. 2008;86:317–319.
6. W Burke , D Atkins , M Gwinn , Genetic test evaluation: Information needs of clinicians, policy makers, and the public. Am J Epidemiol. 2002;156:311–318.
7. W Burke , SS Coughlin , NC Lee , DL Weed , MJ Khoury . Application of population screening principles to genetic screening for adult-onset conditions. Genet Test. 2001;5:201–211.
8. W Burke , MJ Khoury , A Stewart , RL Zimmern . The path from genome-based research to population health: Development of an international public health genomics network. Genet Med. 2006;8:451–458.
10. W Burke , R Zimmern , M Kroese . Defining purpose: A key step in genetic test evaluation. Genet Med. 2007;9:675–681.
11. W Burke , RL Zimmern . Ensuring the appropriate use of genetic tests. Nat Rev Genet. 2004;5:955–959.
14. AJ Culyer . Involving stakeholders in healthcare decisions – the experience of the National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE) in England and Wales. Healthc Q. 2005;8:54–58.
18. B Godard , ten L Kate , G Evers-Kiebooms , S Ayme . Population genetic screening programmes: Principles, techniques, practices, and policies. Eur J Hum Genet. 2003;11 (Suppl 2):S49-S87.
19. V Goel . Appraising organised screening programmes for testing for genetic susceptibility to cancer. BMJ. 2001;322:1174–1178.
20. J Grin . Health technology assessment between our health care system and our health. Exploring the potential of reflexive HTA. Poiesis Prax. 2004;2:174.
21. SD Grosse , MJ Khoury . What is the clinical utility of genetic testing? Genet Med. 2006;8:448–450.
22. A Grunwald . The normative basis of (health) technology assessment and the role of ethical expertise. Poiesis Prax. 2004;2:175–193.
23. J Guirguis-Blake , N Calonge , T Miller , Current processes of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force: Refining evidence-based recommendation development. Ann Intern Med. 2007;147:117–122.
25. D Hailey , M Nordwall . Survey on the involvement of consumers in health technology assessment programs. Int J Technol Assess Health Care. 2006;22:497–499.
26. RP Harris , M Helfand , SH Woolf , Current methods of the US Preventive Services Task Force: A review of the process. Am J Prev Med. 2001;20:21–35.
33. N Kenny , M Giacomini . Wanted: A new ethics field for health policy analysis. Health Care Anal. 2005;13:247–260.
34. M Kroese , RL Zimmern , P Farndon , F Stewart , J Whittaker . How can genetic tests be evaluated for clinical use? Experience of the UK Genetic Testing Network. Eur J Hum Genet. 2007;15:917–921.
35. M Kroese , RL Zimmern , S Sanderson . Genetic tests and their evaluation: Can we answer the key questions? Genet Med. 2004;6:475–480.
37. P Lehoux , S Blume . Technology assessment and the sociopolitics of health technologies. J Health Polit Policy Law. 2000;25:1083–1120.
43. AC Molewijk , AM Stiggelbout , W Otten , HM Dupuis , J Kievit . Implicit normativity in evidence-based medicine: A plea for integrated empirical ethics research. Health Care Anal. 2003;11:69–92.
49. W Oortwijn , R Reuzel , M Decker . Introduction. Poiesis Prax. 2004;2:97–101.
50. R Reuzel . Interactive technology assessment of paediatric cochlear implantation. Poiesis Prax. 2004;2:119–137.
51. R Reuzel , W Oortwijn , M Decker , Ethics and HTA: Some lessons and challenges for the future. Poiesis Prax. 2004;2:247–256.
53. D Sacchini , A Virdis , P Refolo , M Pennacchini , I Carrasco de Paula . Health Technology Assessment (HTA): Ethical aspects. Med Health Care Philos. 2008;
54. S Sanderson , R Zimmern , M Kroese , How can the evaluation of genetic tests be enhanced? Lessons learned from the ACCE framework and evaluating genetic tests in the United Kingdom. Genet Med. 2005;7:495–500.
55. GF Sawaya , J Guirguis-Blake , M LeFevre , R Harris , D Petitti . Update on the methods of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force: Estimating certainty and magnitude of net benefit. Ann Intern Med. 2007;147:871–875.
60. GJ Van Der Wilt , R Reuzel , HD Banta . The ethics of assessing health technologies. Theor Med Bioeth. 2000;21:103–115.