1. Ajayi, IO, Browne, EN, Garshong, B, et al. Feasibility and acceptability of artemisinin-based combination therapy for the home management of malaria in four African sites. Malaria J. 2008;7:6.
2. Burkina Faso, Ministry of Health. Health statistics yearbook 2006. Ouagadougou: Research and Planning (Health) Office; 2007.
3. Burkina Faso, Ministry of Health. Report of the committee monitoring the introduction of ACTs. Ouagadougou: Ministry of Health; 2008.
4. Burkina Faso, National Malaria Control Programme. National guidelines for the management of malaria. Ouagadougou: Ministry of Health; 2005.
5. Burkina Faso, National Malaria Control Programme. Proposal under the malaria component of Round 7 of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. Ouagadougou: Ministry of Health; 2007.
6. Burkina Faso, National Malaria Control Programme. Strategic plan for malaria control, 2006–2010. Ouagadougou: Ministry of Health; 2006.
7. Forsetlund, L, Bjørndal, A, Rashidian, A, et al. Continuing education meetings and workshops: Effects on professional practice and health care outcomes. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2009;2:CD003030.
8. Hopkins, H, Talisuna, A, Whitty, CJ, Staedke, SG. Impact of home-based management of malaria on health outcomes in Africa: A systematic review of the evidence. Malaria J. 2007;6:134.
9. Kouyaté, B, Somé, F, Jahn, A, et al. Process and effects of a community intervention on malaria in rural Burkina Faso: Randomized controlled trial. Malaria J. 2008;7:50.
10. Lewin, SA, Dick, J, Pond, P, et al. Lay health workers in primary and community health care. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2007;1:CD004015.
11. Pagnoni, F, Convelbo, N, Tiendrebeogo, J, Cousens, S, Esposito, F. A community-based programme to provide prompt and adequate treatment of presumptive malaria in children. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 1997;91:512–517.
12. Patouillard, E, Goodman, CA, Hanson, KG, Mills, AJ. Can working with the private for-profit sector improve utilization of quality health services by the poor? A systematic review of the literature. Int J Equity Health. 2007;6:17.
13. Sauerborn, R, Nougtara, A, Diesfeld, HJ. Low utilization of community health workers: Results from a household interview survey in Burkina Faso. Soc Sci Med. 1989;29:1163–1174.
14. Sirima, SB, Cotte, AH, Konaté, A, et al. Malaria prevention during pregnancy: Assessing the disease burden one year after implementing a program of intermittent preventive treatment in Koupéla district, Burkina Faso. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2006;75:205–211.
15. World Health Organization. Guidelines for the treatment of malaria. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2006.
16. Zongo, I, Dorsey, G, Rouamba, N, et al. Artemether-lumefantrine versus amodiaquine plus sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine for uncomplicated falciparum malaria in Burkina Faso: A randomised non-inferiority trial. Lancet. 2007;369:491–498. Erratum in: Lancet. 2007;369:826.