This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. H Hasselbalch , DL Jeppesen , MD Engelmann , KF Michaelsen , MB Nielsen . Decreased thymus size in formula-fed infants compared with breastfed infants. Acta Paediatr. 1996; 85, 1029–1032.
3. H Hasselbalch , MD Engelmann , AK Ersboll , DL Jeppesen , K Fleischer-Michaelsen . Breast-feeding influences thymic size in late infancy. Eur J Pediatr. 1999; 158, 964–967.
4. AC Collinson , SE Moore , TJ Cole , AM Prentice . Birth season and environmental influences on patterns of thymic growth in rural Gambian infants. Acta Paediatr. 2003; 92, 1014–1020.
5. SE Moore , AM Prentice , Y Wagatsuma , et al. Early-life nutritional and environmental determinants of thymic size in infants born in rural Bangladesh. Acta Paediatr. 2009; 98, 1168–1175.
7. P Aaby , C Marx , S Trautner , et al. Thymus size at birth is associated with infant mortality: a community study from Guinea-Bissau. Acta Paediatr. 2002; 91, 698–703.
8. SE Moore , TJ Cole , EM Poskitt , et al. Season of birth predicts mortality in rural Gambia. Nature. 1997; 388, 434.
9. SE Moore , TJ Cole , AC Collinson , et al. Prenatal or early postnatal events predict infectious deaths in young adulthood in rural Africa. Int J Epidemiol. 1999; 28, 1088–1095.
11. SE Moore , F Jalil , R Ashraf , et al. Revaccination does not improve an observed deficit in antibody responses in Pakistani adults born of a lower birth weight. Vaccine. 2008; 26, 158–165.
12. DJ Barker . The developmental origins of adult disease. J Am Coll Nutr. 2004; 23, 588S–595S.
14. AC Palmer . Nutritionally mediated programming of the developing immune system. Adv Nutr. 2011; 2, 377–395.
15. LA Persson , S Arifeen , EC Ekström , et al. Effects of prenatal micronutrient and early food supplementation on maternal hemoglobin, birth weight, and infant mortality Among children in Bangladesh; the MINIMat randomized trial. JAMA. 2012; 307, 2050–2059.
18. A Pexsters , A Daemen , C Bottomley , et al. New crown-rump length curve based on over 3500 pregnancies. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 35, 650–655.
20. LM Neufeld , Y Wagatsuma , R Hussain , M Begum , EA Frongillo . Measurement error for ultrasound fetal biometry performed by paramedics in rural Bangladesh. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 34, 387–394.
21. DG Altman , LS Chitty . Charts of fetal size: 1 Methodology. Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1994; 101, 29–34.
23. LS Chitty , DG Altman , A Henderson , S Campbell . Charts of fetal size: 3 abdominal measurements. Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1994; 101, 125–131.
25. LS Chitty , DG Altman . Charts of fetal size: limb bones. Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 2002; 109, 919–929.
26. H Hasselbalch , MB Nielsen , D Jeppsen , JF Pedersen , J Karkov . Sonographic measurement of the thymus in infants. Eur Radiol. 1996; 6, 700–703.
27. AJ Fulford , P Rayco-Solon , AM Prentice . Statistical modelling of the seasonality of preterm delivery and intrauterine growth restriction in rural Gambia. Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2006; 20, 251–259.
28. KY Liang , SL Zeger . Longitudinal data analysis using generalised linear models. Biometrika. 1986; 73, 13–22.
29. DJ Barker . Fetal origins of coronary heart disease. BMJ. 1993; 311, 171–174.
31. MS Kramer , CG Victora . Low birth weight and perinatal mortality. In Nutrition and Health in Developing Countries (eds. Semba RD, Bloem MW), 2001; pp. 57–69. Humana Press: Totowa, NJ.
33. LM Neufeld , JD Haas , R Grajeda , R Martorell . Ultrasound measurement of fetal size in rural Guatemala. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2004; 84, 220–228.