This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. JJ Reilly & J Kelly (2011) Long-term impact of overweight and obesity in childhood adolescence on morbidity and premature mortality in adulthood: systematic review. Int J Obes (Lond) 35, 891–898.
3. YC Wang , K McPherson , T March et al. (2011) Health and economic burden of the projected obesity trends in the USA and UK. Lancet 378, 815–825.
4. SJ Olshansky , DJ Passaro , RC Hershow et al. (2005) A potential decline in life expectancy in the United States in the 21st century. N Engl J Med 352, 1138–1145.
5. NF Chu (2005) Prevalence of obesity in Taiwan. Obes Rev 6, 271–274.
8. PL Hsieh & M FitzGerald (2005) Childhood obesity in Taiwan: review of the Taiwanese literature. Nurs Health Sci 7, 134–142.
9. J Stang & KA Loth (2011) Parenting style and child feeding practices: potential mitigating factors in the etiology of childhood obesity. J Am Diet Assoc 111, 1301–1305.
10. LL Birch & KK Davison (2001) Family environmental factors influencing the developing behavioral controls of food intake and childhood overweight. Pediatr Clin North Am 48, 893–907.
11. HR Clarke , E Goyder , P Bissell et al. (2007) How do parents’ child-feeding behaviours influence child weight? Implications for childhood obesity policy. J Public Health 29, 132–141.
13. K Rhee (2008) Childhood overweight and the relationship between parent behaviors, parenting style, and family functioning. Ann Am Acad Policy Soc Sci 615, 11–37.
14. MS Faith , RI Berkowitz , VA Stallings et al. (2004) Parental feeding attitudes and styles and child BMI: prospective analysis of a gene–environment interaction. Pediatrics 114, e429–e436.
18. L Chassin , CC Presson , J Rose et al. (2005) Parenting style and smoking-specific parenting practices as predictors of adolescent smoking onset. J Pediatr Psychol 30, 333–344.
19. L Steinberg , JD Elmen & NS Mounts (1989) Authoritative parenting, psychological maturity, and academic success among adolescents. Child Dev 60, 1424–1436.
20. SP Kremers , J Brug , HD Vries et al. (2003) Parenting style and adolescent fruit consumption. Appetite 41, 43–50.
21. J Blissett (2011) Relationships between parenting style, feeding style, and feeding practices and fruit and vegetable consumption in early childhood. Appetite 57, 826–831.
22. G Rodenburg , A Oenema , SP Kremers et al. (2012) Parental and child fruit consumption in the context of general parenting, parental education and ethnic background. Appetite 58, 364–372.
23. K van der Horst , SP Kremers , I Ferreira et al. (2007) Perceived parenting style and practices and the consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages by adolescents. Health Educ Res 22, 295–304.
24. JL Joyce & MJ Zimmer-Gembeck (2009) Parent feeding restriction and child weight. The mediating role of child disinhibited eating and the moderating role of the parenting context. Appetite 52, 726–734.
25. M Shorer , R David , M Schoenberg-Taz et al. (2011) Role of parenting style in achieving metabolic control in adolescents with type 1 diabetes. Diabetes Care 34, 1735–1737.
26. RS Enten & M Golan (2008) Parenting style and weight-related symptoms and behaviors with recommendation for practice. Nutr Rev 66, 65–75.
27. K Rhee , JC Lumeng , DP Appugliese et al. (2006) Parenting style and overweight status in first grade. Pediatrics 117, 2047–2054.
28. JM Berge , M Wall , K Loth et al. (2010) Parenting style as a predictor of adolescent weight and weight-related behaviors. J Adolesc Health 46, 331–338.
29. AK Ventura & LL Birch (2008) Does parenting affect children's eating and weight status? Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 5, 15.
30. EFC Sleddens , SMPL Gerards , C Thijs et al. (2011) General parenting, childhood overweight and obesity-inducing behaviors: a review. Int J Pediatr Obes 6, e12–e27.
31. N Darling & L Steinberg (1993) Parenting style as context: an integrated model. Psychol Bull 113, 487–496.
32. CC Robinson , B Mandelco , SO Olsen et al. (1995) Authoritative, authoritarian, and permissive parenting style: development of a new measure. Psychol Rep 77, 819–830.
34. LL Birch , JO Fisher , K Grimm-Thomas et al. (2001) Confirmatory factor analysis of the Child Feeding Questionnaire: a measure of parental attitudes, beliefs, and practices about child feeding and obesity proneness. Appetite 36, 201–210.
35. CB Anderson , SO Hughes , JO Fisher et al. (2005) Cross-cultural equivalence of feeding beliefs and practices: the psychometric properties of the child feeding questionnaire among Blacks and Hispanics. Prev Med 41, 521–531.
36. LL Birch & AK Ventura (2009) Preventing childhood obesity: what works? Int J Obes (Lond) 33, Suppl. 1, S74–S81.
37. J Wardle & S Carnell (2007) Parental feeding practices and children's weight. Acta Paediatr Suppl 96, 454, 5–11.
39. MH Zeller , J Reiter-Purtill , AC Modi et al. (2007) Control study of critical parent and family factors in the obesogenic environment. Obesity (Silver Spring) 15, 126–136.
40. R Brown & J Ogden (2004) Children's eating attitudes and behaviour: a study of the modeling and control theories of parental influence. Health Educ Res 19, 261–271.
41. EM Arredondo , JP Elder , GX Ayala et al. (2006) Is parenting style related to children's healthy eating and physical activity in Latino families? Health Educ Res 21, 862–871.
42. N Olvera & TG Power (2010) Parenting styles and obesity in Mexican American children: a longitudinal study. J Pediatr Psychol 35, 243–249.