This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
2. A Berrington de Gonzalez , P Hartge , JR Cerhan et al. (2010) Body-mass index and mortality among 1·46 million white adults. N Engl J Med 363, 2211–2219.
4. L Bacon & L Aphramor (2011) Weight science: evaluating the evidence for a paradigm shift. Nutr J 10, 9–13.
5. T Mann , AJ Tomiyama , E Westling et al. (2007) Medicare's search for effective obesity treatments: diets are not the answer. Am Psychol 62, 220–233.
6. RW Jeffrey , LH Epstein , GT Wilson et al. (2000) Long-term maintenance of weight loss: current status. Health Psychol 19, 5–16.
7. G Marchesini , M Cuzzolaro , E Mannucci et al. (2004) Weight cycling in treatment-seeking obese persons: data from the QUOVADIS study. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 28, 1456–1462.
8. J Polivy (1996) Psychological consequences of dieting. J Am Diet Assoc 96, 589–592.
9. AJ Hill (2007) Obesity and eating disorders. Obes Rev 8, Suppl. 1, 151–155.
10. D Neumark-Sztainer , M Wall , J Guo et al. (2006) Obesity, disordered eating, and eating disorders in a longitudinal study of adolescents: how do dieters fare 5 years later? J Am Diet Assoc 106, 559–568.
11. HW Hoek & D van Hoeken (2003) Review of the prevalence and incidence of eating disorders. Int J Eating Disord 34, 383–396.
12. L Currin , U Schmidt , J Treasure et al. (2005) Time trends in eating disorder incidence. Br J Psychol 186, 132–135.
13. T Tylka (2006) Development and psychometric evaluation of a measure of intuitive eating. J Couns Psychol 53, 226–240.
14. AM Kroon Van Diest & TL Tylka (2010) The caregiver eating messages scale: development and psychometric investigation. Body Image 7, 317–326.
16. J Gast & SR Hawks (1998) Weight loss education: the challenge of a new paradigm. Health Educ Behav 25, 464–473.
17. SR Hawks , RM Merrill & HN Madanat (2004) The Intuitive Eating Scale: development and preliminary validation. Am J Health Educ 35, 90–99.
18. J Matheiu (2009) What should you know about mindful eating and intuitive eating? J Am Diet Assoc 109, 1982–1987.
19. J Dalen , BW Smith , BM Shelley et al. (2010) Pilot study: Mindful Eating and Living (MEAL): weight, eating behavior, and psychological outcomes associated with a mindfulness-based intervention for people with obesity. Complement Ther Med 18, 260–264.
20. TL Tylka & AM Kroon Van Diest (2013) The Intuitive Eating Scale-2: item refinement and psychometric evaluation with college women and men. J Couns Psychol 60, 137–153.
21. TL Tylka & JA Wilcox (2006) Are intuitive eating and eating disorder symptomatology opposite poles of the same construct? J Couns Pyschol 53, 474–485.
22. CL Augustus-Horvath & TL Tylka (2011) The acceptance model of intuitive eating: a comparison of women in emerging adulthood, early adulthood, and middle adulthood. J Couns Psychol 58, 110–125.
23. LC Avalos & TL Tylka (2006) Exploring a model of intuitive eating with college women. J Couns Pyschol 53, 486–497.
24. KH Oh , MC Wiseman , J Hendrickson et al. (2012) Testing the acceptance model of intuitive eating with college women athletes. Psychol Women Q 36, 88–98.
26. L Bacon , JS Stern , MD Van Loan et al. (2005) Size acceptance and intuitive eating improve health for obese, female chronic dieters. J Am Diet Assoc 105, 929–936.
27. CE Crerand , TA Wadden , GD Foster et al. (2007) Changes in obesity-related attitudes in women seeking weight reduction. Obesity (Silver Spring) 15, 740–747.
28. V Provencher , C Begin , A Tremblay et al. (2009) Health-At-Every-Size and eating behaviors: 1-year follow-up results of a size acceptance intervention. J Am Diet Assoc 109, 1854–1861.
29. MP Gagnon-Girouard , C Begin , V Provencher et al. (2010) Psychological impact of a ‘Health-at-Every-Size’ intervention on weight-preoccupied overweight/obese women. J Obes 2010, 928097.
30. G Hawley , C Horwath , A Gray et al. (2008) Sustainability of health and lifestyle improvements following a non-dieting randomised trial in overweight women. Prev Med 47, 593–599.
31. L Outland (2010) Intuitive eating: a holistic approach to weight control. Holist Nurs Pract 24, 35–43.
32. C Framson , AR Kristal , JM Schenk et al. (2009) Development and validation of the mindful eating questionnaire. J Am Diet Assoc 109, 1439–1444.
33. SA Dockendorff , TA Petrie , CA Greenleaf et al. (2012) Intuitive Eating Scale: an examination among early adolescents. J Couns Psychol 59, 604–611.
34. JC Anglin (2012) Assessing the effectiveness of intuitive eating for weight loss – pilot study. Nutr Health 21, 107–116.
35. RE Cole & T Horacek (2010) Effectiveness of the ‘My Body Knows When’ intuitive-eating pilot program. Am J Health Behav 34, 286–297.
36. V Leblanc , V Provencher , C Begin et al. (2012) Impact of a Health-At-Every-Size intervention on changes in dietary intakes and eating patterns in premenopausal overweight women: results of a randomized trial. Clin Nutr 31, 481–488.
41. AC Iannantuono & TL Tylka (2012) Interpersonal and intrapersonal links to body appreciation in college women: an exploratory model. Body Image 9, 227–235.
42. S Leske , E Strodl & X Hou (2012) A qualitative study of the determinants of dieting and non-dieting approaches in overweight/obese Australian adults. BMC Public Health 12, 1086–1098.
43. KM Flegal , MD Carroll , CL Ogden et al. (2010) Prevalence and trends in obesity among US adults, 1999–2008. JAMA 303, 235–241.
44. JB Webb & AS Hardin (2012) A preliminary evaluation of BMI status in moderting changes in body composition and eating behavior in ethnically-diverse first-year college women. Eat Behav 13, 402–405.