1. : The Apologie and Treatise of Ambroise Pare Containing the Voyages Made Into Divers Places With Many Writings Upon Surgery. London U: Falcon Education Books, 1957.
2. . Contusions mulfiples; délire violent; hémiplégie a droite sdccBAN, 1872;36:46–56. M.
3. . Balloon catheterization and occlusion of major cerebral vessels. J Neurosurg 1964;41:125–45.
4. . Transluminally-placed coilspring endarterial tube grafts. Long-term patency in canine popliteal artery. Invest Radiol 1969;4:329–32.
5. . Endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms and other arterial lesions. J Vasc Surg 1995;21:549–555; discussion 556–7.
6. , , , , . Stent placement for arterial and venous cerebrovascular disease: preliminary experience. Radiology 1994;191:441–6.
7. , , , , , . Blunt carotid arterial injuries: Implications of a new grading scale. 1999.
8. . Vascular trauma iCA In (eds). Vascular Surgery: Theory and Practice. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1995, p. 992.
9. , , . Carotid vertebral trauma. J Trauma 1969;9:987–99.
10. , . Evaluation and treatment of penetrating cervical injuries. J Trauma 1979;19:391–7.
11. . The vertebral artery. Extracranial and intracranial structure. Arch Neurol 1972;27:392–6.
12. . Extradural intracranial portion of carotid artery; a clinicopathologic study. Arch Neurol 1964;10:66–73.
13. , . Blunt carotid artery trauma: report of two cases and review of the literature. Ann Surg. 1980;191:341–6.
14. , , . Carotid artery injuries caused by blunt trauma. Ann Surg 1980;192:74–7.
15. , , . Carotid artery occlusion due to nonpenetrating injury. J Trauma 1967;7:333–42.
16. , . Delayed presentation of carotid intimal tear following blunt craniocervical trauma. Surgery 1974;75:543–9.
17. , . Vertebral artery transection from blunt trauma treated by embolization. J Trauma 1984;24:854–6.
18. , , , . Posttraumatic bilateral vertebral artery occlusion: Case report. J Neurosurg 1981;54:814–17.
19. , , , , , . Vertebral artery injury–diagnosis and management. J Trauma 1987;27:856–65.
20. , . Non-penetrating arterial trauma and cerebral infarction in the young. Lancet 1985;1:1435–8.
21. , , , et al. The unrecognized epidemic of blunt carotid arterial injuries: early diagnosis improves neurologic outcome. Ann Surg. 1998;228:462–70.
22. , , , , , . Blunt carotid artery dissection: Incidence, associated injuries, screening, and treatment. J Trauma 1990;30:1514–17.
23. , , , , , . Blunt carotid injury. Importance of early diagnosis and anticoagulant therapy. Ann Surg 1996;223:513–522; discussion 522–5.
24. , , , , , . Blunt carotid artery injuries: Difficulties with the diagnosis prior to neurologic event. J Trauma 1999;46:1120–5.
25. , , , et al. Treatment-related outcomes from blunt cerebrovascular injuries: Importance of routine follow-up arteriography. Ann Surg 2002;235:699–706; discussion 706–7.
26. , , , et al. Blunt cerebrovascular injuries: Diagnosis and treatment. J Trauma 2001;51:279–85; discussion 285–6.
27. , , , , , . Sixteen-slice multi-detector computed tomographic angiography improves the accuracy of screening for blunt cerebrovascular injury. J Trauma. 2006;60:1204–9; discussion 1209–10.
28. , , , et al. The devastating potential of blunt vertebral arterial injuries. Ann Surg 2000;231:672–81.
29. , , , et al. Cervical spine fracture patterns predictive of blunt vertebral artery injury. J Trauma 2003;55:811–13.
30. , , , et al. Liberalized screening for blunt carotid and vertebral artery injuries is justified. J Trauma 2001;51:308–14.
31. , , , , . Angiographic frequency of blunt cerebrovascular injury in patients with carotid canal or vertebral foramen fractures on multidetector ct. Eur J Radiol 2007;62:385–93.
32. , , , et al. Utility of screening for blunt vascular neck injuries with computed tomographic angiography. J Trauma 2006;60:209–15; discussion 215–16.
33. , . Penetrating neck trauma. Curr Probl Surg 1992;29:1–56.
34. , , , , , . Cervical vascular injuries: a trauma center experience. Surgery 1993;114:527–31.
35. , , , et al. Carotid artery injuries and their management. J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 2000;41:423–31.
36. , , , , . Management of penetrating neck injuries: A new paradigm for civilian trauma. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2007;65:691–705.
37. , . Angiography and transcatheter arterial embolization of vascular injuries of the face and neck. Laryngoscope 1996;106:168–73.
38. , , , et al. Evaluation of penetrating injuries of the neck: Prospective study of 223 patients. World J Surg 1997;21:41–7; discussion 47–8.
39. , , , . Complex problems in penetrating neck trauma. Surg Clin North Am 1996;76:661–83.
40. , , , , . Carotid artery injuries: Experience with 124 cases. J Trauma 1989;29:91–4.
41. , , , , , . Carotid artery trauma: a review of contemporary trauma center experiences. J Vasc Surg 1995;21:46–55; discussion 55–6.
42. , , , et al. Civilian trauma in the 1980s. A 1-year experience with 456 vascular and cardiac injuries. Ann Surg 1984;199:717–24.
43. , , , . Neurologic outcome after penetrating extracranial arterial trauma. J Vasc Surg 2003;38:257–62.
44. , , , . Analysis of battlefield head and neck injuries in iraq and afghanistan. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2005;133:497–504.
45. , , , et al. Delayed evaluation of combat-related penetrating neck trauma. J Vasc Surg 2006;44:86–93.
46. , , . Traumatic intracranial aneurysms caused by missiles: Their presentation and management. Neurosurgery 1991;28:1–7.
47. , , , , . Traumatic aneurysm of peripheral cerebral arteries. Report of two cases. J Neurosurg 1977;46:795–803.
48. , . Traumatic cerebral aneurysms. Clinical features and natural history. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1973;36:127–38.
49. , , , , , . Traumatic intracranial aneurysms in childhood: two cases and a review of the literature. Neurosurgery 1988;22:398–408.
50. , . Traumatic intracranial aneurysms in childhood and adolescence. Case reports and review of the literature. Childs Nerv Syst 1994;10:361–79.
51. , . False aneurysm secondary to penetration of the brain through orbitofacial wounds. Report of two cases. J Neurosurg 1972;36:503–6.
52. , . Vascular lesions due to transcranial stab wounds. J Neurosurg 1984;60:42–6.
53. , . Penetrating stab wounds to the brain: The timing of angiography in patients presenting with the weapon already removed. Neurosurgery 1992;31:905–11; discussion 911–12.
54. , , . Traumatic aneurysms and arteriovenous fistulas of intracranial vessels associated with penetrating head injuries occurring during war: Principles and pitfalls in diagnosis and management. A survey of 31 cases and review of the literature. J Neurosurg 1996;84:769–80.
55. . Traumatic aneurysms of brain due to high velocity missile head wounds. Neurosurgery 1988;22:1056–63.
56. , , , et al. The significance of subarachnoid hemorrhage after penetrating craniocerebral injury: correlations with angiography and outcome in a civilian population. Neurosurgery 1993;32:532–40.
57. , , . Delayed rupture of traumatic intracranial pseudoaneurysm in a child following gunshot wound to the head. J Craniomaxillofac Trauma 1999;5:39–44
58. , , , et al. Multidisciplinary approach to traumatic intracranial aneurysms secondary to shotgun and handgun wounds. Surg Neurol 1999;51:31–41; discussion 41–2.
59. , , , , , . Endovascular management of traumatic and iatrogenic aneurysms of the pericallosal artery. Report of two cases. J Neurosurg 2005;102:555–7.
60. , , , . Minimally invasive management of a traumatic artery aneurysm resulting from shaken baby syndrome. Pediatr Neurosurg 2004;40:128–31.
61. , , . Traumatic aneurysms of the pericallosal arteries. Neuroradiology 1986;28:335–8.
62. , . Proximal m2 false aneurysm after head trauma–case report. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 2001;41:131–4.
63. , , , , , . Traumatic aneurysm of the basilar artery. Am J Neuroradiol. 1996;17:283–5.
64. , , , , , . Acute traumatic posteroinferior cerebellar artery aneurysms: Report of three cases. Neurosurgery 1999;45:1465–1467; discussion 1467–8.
65. , , , . Delayed massive epistaxis due to traumatic intracavernous carotid artery pseudoaneurysm. J Laryngol Otol 1998;112:396–8.
66. , , . Traumatic middle meningeal artery aneurysm causing intracerebral hematoma: a case report and review of literature. Surg Neurol 2006;66:321–3; discussion 323.
67. , , , . Traumatic false aneurysm of the middle meningeal artery causing an intracerebral hemorrhage: Case report and literature review. Surg Neurol 2002;57:174–8; discussion 178.
68. , . Extradural hematoma associated with traumatic middle meningeal artery pseudoaneurysm: Report of two cases. Neurosurgery 1979;5:500–3.
69. , , . Intracranial vascular damage associated with skull fractures. Radiographic aspects. Radiology 1972;104:81–7.
70. , , . Recurrent massive epistaxis due to traumatic intracavernous internal carotid artery aneurysm. J Laryngol Otol 1995;109:650–2.
71. . Traumatic aneurysm of the internal carotid artery and epistaxis. (review of literature and report of a case). J Laryngol Otol 1979;93:629–56.
72. , : The traumatic cranial and intracranial aneurysms. In , :, eds. Handbook of Clinical Neurology. New York: Elsevier, 1976, p. 381.
73. , , . Middle cerebral artery dissections: Differences between isolated and extended dissections of internal carotid artery. J Neurol Sci 2005;235:37–44.
74. , , , , . Intracranial arterial dissection. Neuroradiology 1998;40:442–7.
75. , , , . Dissecting intracranial aneurysms. Surg Neurol 1977;8:407–15.
76. , . Dissections of cervical and cerebral arteries. Neurol Clin 1983;1:155–82.
77. , , , . [traumatic middle cerebral artery occlusion]. No Shinkei Geka 1994;22:253–7.
78. , , , , , . Endovascular treatment of a ruptured intracranial dissecting vertebral aneurysm in a kickboxer. J Trauma 2000;48:143–5.
79. . Vertebral artery dissection causing stroke in sport. J Clin Neurosci 2000;7:298–300.
80. , , , , . A novel treatment for symptomatic carotid dissection. Postgrad Med J 2005;81:e6.
81. , , . Posttraumatic dissecting aneurysm of the anterior cerebral artery: Case report. Neurosurgery 1988;23:221–5.
82. , . Dissection of the anterior and middle cerebral artery with fatal ischemia following kicks to the head. Forensic Sci Int 1991;49:113–20.
83. , , , , . Blunt vascular neck injuries: Diagnosis and outcomes of extracranial vessel injury. J Trauma 2002;53:472–6.
84. , , , . Penetrating injuries of the visceral compartment of the neck. Am J Otolaryngol 2000;21:190–4.
85. , , , . The management of penetrating neck injuries. Int Surg 2001;86:82–9.
86. , , , , . Penetrating neck injuries: analysis of experience from a canadian trauma centre. Can J Surg 2001;44:122–6.
87. , , , et al. Internal carotid artery gunshot wounds. J Trauma 1996;40:751–7.
88. , . Management of penetrating trauma to the neck. Adv Surg 1994;27:97–127.
89. Medical Department of the United States Army in the World War. Vol2. Washington D, US Government Printing Office, 1927, p. 68.
90. , , . Intermediate treatment of maxillofacial injuries. US Armed Forces Med J. 1953;4:951–76.
91. , , , et al. United states army rangers in somalia: An analysis of combat casualties on an urban battlefield. J Trauma 2000;49:515–528; discussion 528–9.
92. , . Traumatic intracranial aneurysms: a contemporary review. J Trauma 1993;35:855–60.
93. , . Traumatic intracranial aneurysms. J Neurosurg 1980;52:11–20.
94. , . Delayed deterioration after head trauma due to traumatic aneurysm. W V Med J 1997;93:317–19.
95. , , . Spontaneous dissections of cervicocephalic arteries in childhood and adolescence. Neurology 1994;44:1607–12.
96. , , , et al. Extracranial internal carotid artery dissections: noniatrogenic traumatic lesions. Arch Surg 1982;117:425–32.
97. , , , . Vertebral artery dissection: Warning symptoms, clinical features and prognosis in 26 patients. Can J Neurol Sci 2000;27:292–6.
98. , . Internal carotid artery dissection after remote surgery. Iatrogenic complications of anesthesia. Stroke 1994;25:1276–8.
99. , , , et al. Optimizing screening for blunt cerebrovascular injuries. Am J Surg 1999;178:517–22.
100. , , , , , . Cervical spine fracture patterns mandating screening to rule out blunt cerebrovascular injury. Surgery 2007;141:76–82.
101. , , , , , . Mechanism of ischemic infarct in spontaneous carotid dissection. Stroke 2004;35:482–5.
102. , , , , . Vascular injuries. An experimental study of high and low velocity missile wounds. Arch Surg 1970;101:167–74.
103. , , . Carotid dissection and stroke after tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy. Pediatr Neurol 2007;37:127–9.
104. , , , , . Stroke after internal jugular venous cannulation. Acta Neurol Scand 2002;105:235–9.
105. , , . Iatrogenic vertebral artery injury during anterior cervical spine surgery. Spine J. 2005;5:508–14; discussion 514.
106. , . Vascular injury and complication in neurosurgical spine surgery. Acta Neurochir (Wien) 2006;148:375–87.
107. , . Iatrogenic vertebral artery injury. Acta Neurol Scand 2005;112:349–57.
108. , , , . Arterial injuries in transsphenoidal surgery for pituitary adenoma; the role of angiography and endovascular treatment. Am J Neuroradiol 1997;18:655–65.
109. , , , , , . Carotid pain during percutaneous angioplasty (pta). Pathophysiology and clinical features. Cephalalgia 1994;14:127–31.
110. , , , , , . Pain as the only symptom of cervical artery dissection. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2006;77:1021–4.
111. , , . Headache and neck pain in spontaneous internal carotid and vertebral artery dissections. Neurology 1995;45:1517–22.
112. , , . Spontaneous carotid dissection with acute stroke. Arch Neurol 1987;44:137–40.
113. , . Clinical manifestations of carotid dissection. Front Neurol Neurosci 2005;20:70–6.
114. , , . Triad of unilateral blindness, orbital fractures and massive epistaxis after head injury. J Neurosurg 1961;18:837–40.
115. , , , , , . Traumatic pseudoaneurysm of the intracavernous ica presenting with massive epistaxis: Imaging diagnosis and endovascular treatment. Laryngoscope 1994;104:370–7.
116. , , , . Epistaxis originating from traumatic pseudoaneurysm of the internal carotid artery: Diagnosis and endovascular therapy. Laryngoscope 1998;108:326–31.
117. , , , , . Intrapetrous carotid artery aneurysm presenting as epistaxis and otalgia. J Laryngol Otol 1995;109:865–7.
118. , , , . Traumatic aneurysms of cavernous internal carotid artery with secondary epistaxis. Am J Neuroradiol 1981;2:405–9.
119. , , , . Traumatic cerebral aneurysm associated with widening skull fracture. Report of two infancy cases. Childs Brain 1980;6:131–9.
120. , , . An unrecognized neurological syndrome: Sixth-nerve palsy and horner's syndrome due to traumatic intracavernous carotid aneurysm. Surg Neurol 1981;16:140–4.
121. , , . Traumatic internal carotid artery aneurysm with rupture into the sphenoid sinus. Surg Neurol 1986;25:77–81.
122. , , , et al. Prospective screening for blunt cerebrovascular injuries: analysis of diagnostic modalities and outcomes. Ann Surg 2002;236:386–393; discussion 393–5.
123. , , , , , . Noninvasive diagnosis of blunt cerebrovascular injuries: a preliminary report. J Trauma 2002;53:850–6.
124. , , , , . Sixteen-slice computed tomographic angiography is a reliable noninvasive screening test for clinically significant blunt cerebrovascular injuries. J Trauma 2006;60:745–751; discussion 751–2.
125. , , , , . Computed tomographic angiography for the diagnosis of blunt cervical vascular injury: Is it ready for primetime?J Trauma 2006;60:925–929; discussion 929.
126. , , , et al. Penetrating neck injuries: Helical ct angiography for initial evaluation. Radiology 2002;224:366–72.
127. , , , et al. Computed tomography in the evaluation of penetrating neck trauma: a preliminary study. Arch Surg 2001;136:1231–5.
128. , , , et al. High-resolution magnetic resonance imaging (mri) at 3.0 tesla in the short-term follow-up of patients with proven cervical artery dissection. Invest Radiol 2007;42:460–6.
129. , , , et al. Neurologic complications of cerebral angiography. Am J Neuroradiol 1994;15:1401–7; discussion 1408–11.
130. , , , , , . Neurologic complications of cerebral angiography: Prospective analysis of 2,899 procedures and review of the literature. Radiology 2003;227:522–8.
131. , , , , . Penetrating neck trauma: sensitivity of clinical examination and cost-effectiveness of angiography. Am J Neuroradiol 1995;16:647–54.
132. , , , . Limited role of arteriography in penetrating neck trauma. J Vasc Surg 1988;8:112–16.
133. , . Delayed traumatic intracerebral haemorrhage. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 1972;35:698–706.
134. , , . Cerebral aneurysms of traumatic origin. Surg Neurol 1975;4:233–9.
135. . Traumatic and spontaneous extracranial internal carotid artery dissections. J Neurol 1990;237:356–61.