- Access: Full
- Open access
- ISSN: 0260-3055 (Print), 1727-5644 (Online)
- Editor: H. Jiskoot University of Lethbridge, Canada
- Editorial board
Annals of Glaciology publishes original scientific articles and letters in selected aspects of glaciology-the study of ice. Each issue of the Annals is thematic, focussing on a specific subject. The Council of the International Glaciological Society welcomes proposals for thematic issues from the glaciological community. Once a theme is approved, the Council appoints an Associate Chief Editor and a team of Scientific Editors to handle the submission, peer review and publication of papers. Typically from one to three issues of the Annals appear each year. Since the publication of issue 1 (Use of Icebergs) in 1980 and issue 2 (Glacier Erosion and Sedimentation) in 1981, every branch of glaciology has featured in at least one issue of the Annals. Recent themes have included Glaciers and Ice Sheets in a Warming Climate; Ice Core Drilling Technology; Sea Ice in a Changing Environment; Contribution of Glaciers and Ice Sheets to Sea Level Change; and Glaciology in High Mountain Asia.
- Solving the mystery of Antarctica’s ‘Blood Falls’
- 04 May 2017,
- A study published in the Journal of Glaciology has solved a 100 year-old mystery involving a waterfall in Antarctica known as Blood Falls. New evidence links...
- Two glaciers collapse in western Tibet
- 09 December 2016,
- A glacier near Lake Aru in western Tibet collapsed on 17 July 2016. Now the Journal of Glaciology publishes the first scientific account of this cryospheric...
- Glaciology today: Q&A with Perry Bartelt
- 28 September 2016,
- In this blog Perry Bartelt– one of four new Associate Chief Editors for the journals of the International Glaciological Society, Journal of Glaciology and Annals...