- Access: Full
- Open access
- ISSN: 0260-3055 (Print), 1727-5644 (Online)
- Editors: J.G. Cogley Trent University. Canada , H.A. Fricker University of California, San Diego, USA , I.G. Fenty NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, USA , A. Jenkins British Antarctic Survey, UK , B. Kulessa Swansea University, UK , L. Padman Earth & Space Research, USA , E. Rignot University of California, Irvine, USA , T.A. Scambos National Show and Ice Data Center, USA , F. Straneo Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, USA , I.F. Allison Antarctic Climate and Ecosystems CRC, Australia , C. Fierz WSL Institute for Snow and Avalanche Research SLF, Switzerland , B Galton-Fenzi University of Tasmania, Australia , M. Holland University Corporation for Atmospheric Research, USA , C. Hulbe University of Otago, New Zealand , C.S. Hvidberg University of Copenhagen, Denmark , G. Krinner Glaciology and External Geophysics Laboratory (LGGE), France , A. Mackintosh Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand , M. Raphael University of California, Los Angeles, USA , J. Renwick Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand , S. Sugiyama Hokkaido University, Japan , C. Tijm-Reijmer Utrecht University, the Netherlands and M. Serreze University of Colorado, USA
- Editorial board
Annals of Glaciologypublishes original scientific articles and letters in selected aspects of glaciology-the study of ice. Each issue of the Annals is thematic, focussing on a specific subject. The Council of the International Glaciological Society welcomes proposals for thematic issues from the glaciological community. Once a theme is approved, the Council appoints an Associate Chief Editor and a team of Scientific Editors to handle the submission, peer review and publication of papers. Typically from one to three issues of the Annals appear each year. Since the publication of issue 1 (Use of Icebergs) in 1980 and issue 2 (Glacier Erosion and Sedimentation) in 1981, every branch of glaciology has featured in at least one issue of the Annals. Recent themes have included Glaciers and Ice Sheets in a Warming Climate; Ice Core Drilling Technology; Sea Ice in a Changing Environment; Contribution of Glaciers and Ice Sheets to Sea Level Change; and Glaciology in High Mountain Asia.
- Two glaciers collapse in western Tibet
- 09 December 2016,
- A glacier near Lake Aru in western Tibet collapsed on 17 July 2016. Now the Journal of Glaciology publishes the first scientific account of this cryospheric...
- Glaciology today: Q&A with Perry Bartelt
- 28 September 2016,
- In this blog Perry Bartelt– one of four new Associate Chief Editors for the journals of the International Glaciological Society, Journal of Glaciology and Annals...
- Glaciology Q&A with Sérgio H. Fario
- 12 August 2016,
- In this blog Sérgio H. Fario – one of four new Associate Chief Editors for the journals of the International Glaciological Society, Journal of Glaciology...