This list contains references from the content that can be linked to their source. For a full set of references and notes please see the PDF or HTML where available.
Y Wang & T Lobstein (2006) Worldwide trends in childhood overweight and obesity. Int J Pediatr Obes
3. KM Harris , P Gordon-Larsen , K Chantala , et al. (2006) Longitudinal trends in race/ethnic disparities in leading health indicators from adolescence to young adulthood. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 160, 74–81.
RE Black , CG Victora , SP Walker , et al. (2013) Maternal and child undernutrition and overweight in low-income and middle-income countries. Lancet
6. NS The , C Suchindran , KE North , et al. (2010) Association of adolescent obesity with risk of severe obesity in adulthood. JAMA 304, 2042–2047.
11. KL Tucker (2010) Dietary patterns, approaches, and multicultural perspective. Appl Physiol Nutr Metabol 35, 211–218.
12. P Newby & KL Tucker (2004) Empirically derived eating patterns using factor or cluster analysis: a review. Nutr Rev 62, 177–203.
L Nasreddine , F Naja , MC Chamieh , et al. (2012) Trends in overweight and obesity in Lebanon: evidence from two national cross-sectional surveys (1997 and 2009). BMC Public Health
18. L Nasreddine , F Naja , C Akl , et al. (2014) Dietary, lifestyle and socio-economic correlates of overweight, obesity and central adiposity in Lebanese children and adolescents. Nutrients 6, 1038–1062.
20. AM Sibai , N Hwalla , N Adra , et al. (2003) Prevalence and covariates of obesity in Lebanon: findings from the first epidemiological study. Obes Res 11, 1353–1361.
21. M de Onis , AW Onyango , E Borghi , et al. (2007) Development of a WHO growth reference for school-aged children and adolescents. Bull World Health Organ 85, 660–667.
SE McCann , JR Marshall , JR Brasure , et al. (2001) Analysis of patterns of food intake in nutritional epidemiology: food classification in principal components analysis and the subsequent impact on estimates for endometrial cancer. Public Health Nutr
A Romero-Polvo , E Denova-Gutiérrez , B Rivera-Paredez , et al. (2012) Association between dietary patterns and insulin resistance in Mexican children and adolescents. Ann Nutr Metab
35. P Salameh , L Jomaa , C Issa , et al. (2014) Assessment of dietary intake patterns and their correlates among university students in Lebanon. Front Public Health 2, 185.
36. F Naja , N Hwalla , L Itani , et al. (2012) Dietary patterns and odds of type 2 diabetes in Beirut, Lebanon: a case–control study. Nutr Metabol 9, 111.
39. JA Kim , SM Kim , JS Lee , et al. (2007) Dietary patterns and the metabolic syndrome in Korean adolescents: 2001 Korean National Health and Nutrition Survey. Diabetes Care 30, 1904–1905.
PJ Lattimore & JC Halford (2003) Adolescence and the diet‐dieting disparity: healthy food choice or risky health behaviour?
Br J Health Psychol
J Aranceta , C Perez-Rodrigo , L Ribas , et al. (2003) Sociodemographic and lifestyle determinants of food patterns in Spanish children and adolescents: the enKid study. Eur J Clin Nutr
57, Suppl. 1, S40–S44.
A Keski-Rahkonen , J Kaprio , A Rissanen , et al. (2003) Breakfast skipping and health-compromising behaviors in adolescents and adults. Eur J Clin Nutr
RP Heaney , KM Davies & MJ Barger-Lux (2002) Calcium and weight: clinical studies. J Am Coll Nutr
56. BJ Caan , E Lanza , A Schatzkin , et al. (1999) Does nutritionist review of a self-administered food frequency questionnaire improve data quality? Public Health Nutr 2, 565–569.
57. K Okamoto , K Ohsuka , T Shiraishi , et al. (2002) Comparability of epidemiological information between self- and interviewer-administered questionnaires. J Clin Epidemiol 55, 505–511.
P Terry , FB Hu , H Hansen , et al. (2001) Prospective study of major dietary patterns and colorectal cancer risk in women. Am J Epidemiol
PY Bai , GA Wittert , AW Taylor , et al. (2015) The association of socio-demographic status, lifestyle factors and dietary patterns with total urinary phthalates in Australian men. PLOS ONE
63. Z Chen , L Liu , B Roebothan , et al. (2015) Four major dietary patterns identified for a target-population of adults residing in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. BMC Public Health 15, 69.