- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 0007-1145 (Print), 1475-2662 (Online)
- Editor: J C Mathers Newcastle University Population Health Sciences Inst., UK
- Editorial board
British Journal of Nutrition is an international peer-reviewed journal that publishes original papers and review articles across the full spectrum of nutritional science. The focus of all manuscripts submitted to the journal should be to increase knowledge in nutritional science relevant to human or animal nutrition. The BJN welcomes manuscripts that report studies in nutritional epidemiology, nutritional requirements, metabolic studies, body composition, energetics, appetite and obesity. Manuscripts that address interactions of nutrition with endocrinology, genetics, immunology, microbiology, molecular and cell biology, neuroscience and physiology and that report outcomes relevant to health, behaviour and well-being are also within scope for the BJN.
From Overeating to Brain Aging: How diet and obesity impact the gut-brain interaction
- 01 June 2023,
- With the ongoing global epidemic of obesity and increasing prevalence of dementia, evaluating the impact of over-eating and different diets on brain structure...
New study highlights how little we know about the vitamin D status of ethnic minorities in Ireland
- 03 March 2023,
- The study provides the most up to date findings on vitamin D intake and factors affecting vitamin D status of adults in Ireland, and has been published in the...
Excess body weight exacerbates the harmful effect of alcohol on cancer risk
- 20 January 2023,
- Excess body weight and alcohol consumption are both modifiable risk factors for many adverse health outcomes, including cancer. Alcohol is classified as Group...
Industrialized Foods – Why can it be a risky option in food introduction?
- 13 October 2022,
- There is evidence that the consumption of commercial food products for children is highly prevalent in the world, surpassing the consumption of homemade food...
Tweets by Nutrition Society Publications